“All Around Good Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Walnut Grill

Walnut Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Walnut Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 71 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“All Around Good Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I went with my family of 5. It was a very busy friday night which we found out there was a band playing that night. Even though the restaurant was packed we had called ahead and our table was waiting upon our arrival. The waiter was very attentive and helpful in choosing options on the menu, everything he recommended was amazing. He was never far when we needed him and checked on us constantly, but not to the point that he was annoying. The food was cooked perfectly and the options on the menu were extensive. Definitely one of the best meals I have had.

• Visited September 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bland food not worth the hype, and equally poor service to match.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went here for lunch around 2pm, and although I was immediately seated, by waiter was a good ten minutes with the menu after I was seated. As you can imagine, the restaurant was relatively slow and only had a few tables occupied. After another 10 minutes, he came to take my order. The food was brought to me relatively quick, but I was disappointed after I got it. Overall the service was TOO slow for the time of day, and they all seemed to lack a good attitude, or caring about the patrons.

I ordered a turkey club with sweet potato fries. The fries were undercooked and really thick cut, so they were a little on the raw side. The sandwich had great turkey on it, but the toast was so thick and overly toasted that it cut my mouth everytime I tried to bite it. The cranberry slaw and honey aioli was TOO sweet with the candied bacon. I came away from lunch with a stomach ache from all the sugar in the sandwich, and I didn't even finish it.

The sandwich was a good idea in theory, but the execution was poor, and the rest of the flavors overwhelming. For the price, it should have been much better food. Very underwhelmed.

Utterly disappointed and will not be returning; I know much better places to eat now for that price with much better service.

• Visited July 2013
“Poor food+ poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

4 adults and 3 children tried Walnut Grove in Wexford, PA on Father's Day and the adults found it sorely lacking. We were shown to our reserved seats 15 minutes late & the table had not been bussed. We had to ask the waitress for silverware & napkins once the food arrived. My fish sandwich had been cooked previously and reheated - the crust was soggy & chewy. My wife's blackened salmon sandwich was also reheated - it was dry and rather tasteless. Our son-in-law tried the breakfast buffet which may have been good if any of the chafing dishes had been replenished recently. Overall not an experience we would go through again - especially with so many other good restaurants nearby.

• Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food, Outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I would call Walnut Grove (now named Walnut Grill) and upscale bistro type of restaurant. They have a wide seleciton of food, but each with a little twist. Pittsburgh Pizza has flatbread with french fries, barbeque sauce, chicken and mozerella cheese. Another favorite was the Groev Burger which they took off the menu. It was a hamburger with bacon, mushrooms, sweet chili sauce and gargonzola cheese. I am hoping if enough people ask for it that they will put it back on the menu. They also have a nice selection of wines.

Visited December 2012
“Always nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Local, one of our favorite spots for girl's day lunches. Service always friendly and food always yummmy. Never an issue with large parties.