“Bella Frutteto is one of our favorites”
Review of Bella Frutteto

Bella Frutteto
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Wexford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, PA
“Bella Frutteto is one of our favorites”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

They specialize in Italian style food made from locally sourced products. They have the staples of the menu, but will rotate some of the others. It is always fresh and delicious. My wife adores the Butternut Squash Ravioli. They do the same with their beer selection having some staples and some rotating stock. Service is always very attentive. It isn't a cheap place to dine, but for the quality you receive - it is well worth the price.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank gobucks84

“Family Owned; Not to be missed, especially compared to the 'box' restaurants”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Out of the gate you should know I am a 'regular' at Bella's, eating there about every two months -this is my first TA review of this business.

My most recent visit was New Year's Eve there (group of 6) and most of us made selections from their special NYE menu - everyone was happy and full! We had a very helpful and patient server who did not rush us through our meal or as we lingered over dessert and coffee/after dinner drinks.

Their portions are Western PA generous and fresh. As I personally do not eat a lot of meat I cannot vouch for those dishes, but some of our friends were happy with their steaks. I usually get seafood, pasta or chicken dishes and I usually pick from their specials to take advantage of what is fresh and that includes seasonal ingredients.

You are typically off to a strong start here with warm bread and dipping oil - and my wife and I love their greens and beans as an appetizer. A glass of Prosecco to consider the entree and to make sure you have room at the end to share the warm and delicious Nana Rook's apple pie.

In summary -Quietly tucked away in a strip mall, always good fresh food and good, friendly service at Bella. I love to support family owned restaurants rather than the mega-corporation uninspired places - comparing their fare to those 'box' restaurants you will not be disappointed!

3 Thank Courtjester17
PA
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We went with a groupon (just to try the restaurant) and the food was pretty good. The service was good and I will definitely try it again and pay full price for the food. Good job!

1 Thank MaruStaab
Pittsburgh, United States
“So Imaginative!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Apple ravioli! It was exquisite!! All the food at Bella's is great. Lunch prices are better than the dinner prices for what seems to be the same items if you can get there a little early.

1 Thank Regina Z
Pittsburgh
“Very good!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is a nice gem hidden away in a little strip mall, who knew!! We were joining friends were had frequented the resturant and were recommending it to us. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. After having shared a nice Cesare salad, we had 2 different salmon entrees that were both delicious. Mine had cranberries and the fish portion was quite big that I had lunch the next day, really good. The other salmon entree was Mediterranean style that was also very good. The restaurant is apparently very good as it was totally full and they take reservations. We look forward to going back.

1 Thank SeashellSue