“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Reading
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Nice place to stay. We appointed clean room with nice kitchen and large bathroom. Only issue was it didn't have room darkening blinds. Bed was good and heat/AC controls worked well. Parking, check in/ check out were all painless. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank H. Scott M
GMCandlewoodReading, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Reading, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for your time and effort in writing this review. We are delighted to know that your entire stay was pleasant. We want to maintain the cleanliness of our hotel to make your stay comfortable and convenient. Thank you for bringing to our attention that the rooms may need darkening blinds and we will have our staff evaluate the rooms for further improvement. We hope to delight and satisfy you more on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Frankenmuth, Michigan
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I really like this hotel. It is clean in every way. This is a relatively new hotel. The exterior is well kept. The interior common areas are clean and well maintained. The little on site convenience store is fairly well stocked.
My room was on the second floor. I had no issues what so ever. The bed and sheets were excellent. The. Pillows were comfortable and there were several models to choose from. All the appliances were spotless. The bathroom was clean. The vanity counter top is a little small but certainly workable.
The hotel is within walking distance to very good restaurants and pubs. There is an outlet shopping mall within a half mile easy walk. Cabs are available. There is a lot of boutique type stores along the main drag, Penn Ave.
One last thing, the hotel staff is very nice and very attentive. This is a nice Candlewood Suites

• Stayed April 2013
We wish to extend our many thanks for your time and effort in sending us a wonderful feedback. The maintenance and cleanliness of our hotel are always on top of our priority. It is good to know that you were able to walk around to see the boutiques, accessible restaurants and pubs to choose from. We are glad that you had an excellent stay in your room and appreciate that you find us a great performing Candlewood Suites hotel. We hoe to see you soon.
Ohio
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights and I had no issues. I came across some others concerns of thin walls but I did not experience that. I did have a room that faced the railroad and interstate but the noise was minimal and did not impact my sleep at all.

Another comment was no breakfast was offered, I have never received breakfast at a Candlewood and I think this has to do with it being set up as an extended stay, although others still offer a breakfast- no biggie for me.

Rooms were nice and clean, staff was courteous, and really what more can you ask for. Decent workout room also. Overall, good stay and would stay again

• Stayed April 2013
GMCandlewoodReading, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Reading, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the breakfast. We will have this concern of your forwarded to the staff and see what upgrades can be done with breakfast options. However, we are delighted to read that you found the staff and the rooms to be pleasant. We are very proud of our staff and it is lovely to receive kind feedback about how they made your already special day that little bit extra special. We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in your next visit.
Blandon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here for six days recently. Staff is very friendly and helpful Rooms are very nice, and come with full kitchens and refrigerators, which is nice when you are there for an extended stay. Only minor complaint I would have is floors and walls seem a little thin. It was never a mystery what the folks next to or above me were doing or watching on TV. Also found it just a little odd you had to empty your own trash ad get your own towels, but it was a minor inconvenience. Easy access to route 222, Reading Hospital, and several nice restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RaceTrackHunter
Thank you for your taking the time to post a review of your experience at The Candlewood Suites. It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the friendly, helpful service that you received. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and we are delighted to know that you truly valued the attentions you received from the staff. We do look forward to welcoming you back to The Candlewood Suites Reading in the future.
United States
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We visit this area on a somewhat regular basis to see family and have been sorely disappointed by pet friendly accommodations in the Wyomissing area. When I saw this hotel, I was eager to try it out, and I was very pleased with the outcome.
This hotel is only a few years old, which is always good. I am a bit of clean freak when it comes to hotels, and I found this one to be pretty good. I also thought the mattress was more comfortable than in many hotels.
The suite we had was not huge, but it was a good size. Also the bathroom was larger than I usually see in hotels. The suite included a full sized refrigerator, small cook top, microwave and dishwasher. This would be really great for extended length visits.
They do not have a complimentary breakfast here, but that wasn't a big deal for us. We often don't eat the complimentary breakfasts, and find them to be cheap and unappealing. There is free coffee available in the snack room. And there are inexpensive breakfast items you can purchase for breakfast, and snacks. I liked this set up just fine.
The staff at the desk were friendly.
I especially liked that you are not "penalized" for having a pet. In some pet friendly hotels, it seems they stick the pet owners in the worst and most run down rooms which I find insulting. Here, the room was a nice, normal room. There is a pet fee which was $75 for the entire visit. It may be steep if you are only staying one day. But many hotels charge a pet fee by the day, so if you are staying several days, as we were, it averages out to be ok.
I was initially worried about the location being so close to Reading, but in the end it seemed pretty safe, and we didn't have any issues.
All in all I was very pleased with this hotel and I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluemoonsymphony
Thank you for taking the time to write us your review and thank you also for your positive comments. Your summary is very detailed surprisingly and we are very glad you enjoyed our amenities, staff and views! Once again, thank you for taking time to let us know your feedback…it means a lot to the entire staff. Your dear pets are always part of the excellent service delivery that we want you to experience. We appreciate the kind words and your willingness to stay here on your next visit. We hope that you and your family will come see us again real soon.
lowersouthjersey
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My family and I stayed here to go to Kozair's Christmas Village. Check-in was easy and they had our room ready for us early. The staff was super friendly and very easy to talk to. The room was clean and spacious enough for us. My only complaint about this hotel is that they do not offer a Continential Breakfast. That may be asking for too much, but I feel that offering a breakfast has just become the industry norm. They do offer a snack store that is located in the lobby. It has the basic items to satisfy a snack craving. Just a short walk on the main drag are many restaurants, coffee shops and diners to eat at as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us. We would like to send our deepest and sincere apology about the breakfast as we didn’t meet your expectations. As a much-valued guest, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide .We are delighted to read that you found your room to be immaculate. It is always so pleasing to know that our staff build rapports with our guests, so that they feel comfortable when they stay with us. Again we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We sincerely look forward to your return.
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The staff here made my pup and I feel welcome and totally at home. Never had a problem with the weekly housekeeping and if I did need linens, paper goods between cleanings, just went to the desk and asked for them. Staff also very helpful with suggestions of places to eat or go for site seeing. Especially found night guys very pleasant and helpful. Would definately stay again if I work in the area. Had a one bedroom suite so that made a big difference when you are there several months at a time.
Only down sides are no pool or breakfast
Up sides are free laundry, quiet rooms and free internet

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sassykay
We are much honored to read that you felt our staff were helpful and polite. We are very proud of our staff and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. Our staff pride themselves in endeavoring to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. We are also thrilled that you found your room to be comfortable and relaxing. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Reading
Inn at Reading
Inn at Reading
#5 of 7 in Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing

Been to Candlewood Suites Reading? Share your experiences!