“Excellent stay in West Reading.”

Candlewood Suites Reading
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Reading
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Just happened upon this hotel and decided to give it a try since my stay at the Crowne Plaza was so terrible. I honestly can say I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was comfortable, large, quiet, and the bed was relaxing. The front desk staff was very nice and a pleasure to work with. There are plenty of places to eat at near by or just fix something in the room. I look forward to my return trip to Reading, PA and look forward to staying at this Candlewood Suites upon my return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
GMCandlewoodReading, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Reading, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We are very grateful to gain a loyal customer from you. It is very enlightening that your stay at our hotel was comfortable and convenient. We will mention to our efficient staff your kind words as it boosts our passion to service delivery. We are certainly looking forward to serve you even better on your next visit soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I was meeting a friend who was arriving at the hotel who unfortunately, got delayed in traffic. I was approached by a staff member as to why I was sitting in the lobby and explained why. I was delayed longer than expected but after awhile I was approached again and told that the lobby was for hotel guest only. I did leave the hotel lobby and contacted my friend to tell her what happened. She made a good decision...she canceled her reservation based on the customer service I experienced and booked at The Crowne Plaza which was in a much better area!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Driteman

Your honest feedback is most welcome in our hotel. We aim to present a better customer service but failed on that during you last visit. We are sorry for the inconvenience as we will forward your message to staff members to assist our guests staying in the lobby accordingly. We handle this kind of issue seriously as we want to share with you a more likely stay. We hope to make a better impression next time you decide to stay at our hotel.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed at this property for a week while I was traveling through PA between engagements. The location is great and it is one of the newer candlewood properties.
I would certainly recommend this to you if you happen to be in the area

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank M B
GMCandlewoodReading, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Reading, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

It is such an honor for our hotel to receive a great recommendation from you. It is truly rewarding to have assisted you well during your stay. We hope that you’ll be even more satisfied in your next visit in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed three nights at the Candlewood while attending an event at the Sovereign Center. Great location. Very clean hotel, staff was incredibly friendly and the room was more than adequate. Comfy bed, everything you would need in the kitchenette and did I mention clean! And even better, we were able to bring our little dog with us ... great place and we'll definitely stay there again. The only thing that would make it better is if they served a complimentary breakfast ... but other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Positive feedback from our valued guests has been our inspiration in excellent service delivery. We also see to it that you pets are properly attended since you treat them as a part of your family. We want you to cherish your stay at our hotel with your loved ones. Comments regarding the complimentary breakfast will be considered for further evaluation to ensure that you will have a more likely stay. We look forward for more happy moments in your future visit soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

I recommend this new, clean hotel. We stayed for a week and had two rooms. The kitchen is well stocked. There are restaurants/bars within walking distance. I used the laundry facilities and they were free and clean with no waiting. The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. We had four cars with us and had no trouble with parking behind the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your time and effort in writing us a review. A week with an entirely wonderful stay is truly an achievement for our hotel and staff. Our aim is to make you feel comfortable and worry-free, hence, we ensure that our equipment are functional and kitchen is well stocked. Your comment about staff is very inspiring and will pass this beautiful message to them. We hope to have the delight of welcoming you in your future visit.

Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed in the Reading Candlewood Suites for a month during a work assignment. The hotel has a parking lot underneath the building. I parked there for the entire month, and caught the elevator to my floor. During my stay, someone broke the window in my truck and stole my GPS that was stored in the console box. The police indicated it was the third break-in that week in the underground parking area. The police got the tapes from the security cameras, but I've not heard of anything since. After 3 incidents, I was surprised the management didn't warn tenants of this, or obtain security personnel to monitor the parking areas. After replacing a $300. window (and $200 GPS unit), I left that weekend. Outside of the obvious security shortcomings / issues, the place is clean, tho on extended stays, the housekeeper only came once a week. The walls are thin, so there is noise from nearby rooms.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Texnuke

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience you had during your stay in our hotel. Security in our hotel will be taken seriously to ensure the safety of our valued guests as well as their properties. We apologize if the cleanliness of the room has not been satisfying as we will forward your message to the staff to upkeep the cleanliness and maintenance of our room accommodations. We hope to provide an entirely different in your next visit in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

All the reviews are correct.....friendly service, great location, comfortable bed, clean, new, nice full kitchen with everything you need....the only things I were not prepared for was that since this was a suite, there is no daily room cleaning service...only on a weekly bases. I was staying two nights. I found this out by calling the front desk asking why my room wasn't made up, and why I didn't get new towels. He told me that I needed to either bring the dirtly towels to the front desk OR they will send someone up to give me clean ones.
Also I was shocked to learn (after being out all day) that my room door did not "self lock" when I left for the day. I had to re incert my key card into the door car reader to lock the door when i left the room. Maybe this was a malfunction...I didn't ask...
Other then these two issues, everything was fine and would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeTu

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We are looking forward to your comments in it help us improve the service we provide to our valued guests. We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the towel and the door lock. We will have this immediately checked by our staff and make necessary steps to ensure your safety and comfort. We are delighted to know that regardless of the minor issues you certainly had a great stay. We are very excited to welcome you in your future visit and hope you’ll appreciate the changes we made for a more likely stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Reading
Homewood Suites by Hilton Reading
Courtyard Reading Wyomissing
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wyomissing
Days Inn Reading Wyomissing

Been to Candlewood Suites Reading? Share your experiences!