“A West Mifflin Landmark!”

Jim's Drive In Incorporated
Ranked #4 of 65 Restaurants in West Mifflin
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Jervis, New York
“A West Mifflin Landmark!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Unfortunately, I live far away else I'd be eating here all the time! Thankfully, my father grew up in West Mifflin and now lives in Munhall. Since he grew up on these dogs and turned me on to them, it's a staple of every trip I make to see him to stop by Jim's to grab some shakes, food, and (if I've run out) a bottle of Jim's sauce to take home so I can attempt to recreate the experience for friends.

• Visited March 2014

Pennsylvania, United States
“Rude Staff and Management”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I think what makes me so upset about my bad experience tonight is that this place is not just a hole in the wall, it is a well liked and very well established business, famous for its sauce. I went here last fall and it was great, the food was very tasty. I love hot dogs. However, I went here tonight and the young employees were so rude it was unbelievable. I get that it's 3 toppings and any additional is extra. However, after we placed the order, I assumed that the hot dogs came with the special sauce (one would think, right?? since it's such a big deal, the special sauce and all). Well, it didn't. The guy made a big deal of saying he'd have to take away the mustard in place of the sauce and charge me on the side for it during mid-order (not at the very beginning). Seriously? A place that is so popular and does so much business has to be like that? We said okay. When the hot dog was done, I went to the window and got it, and I said "so the special sauce took the place of the mustard?" and the guy said "no, there's no sauce on it because you didn't want to give up your mustard". See how juvenile this sounds? I said, okay, "I won't be back". I didn't yell and I didn't curse, I just said that and walked away toward the car. The guy said "okay, don't come back", and he SLAMMED down the glass window. I turned around and flipped him off ... I understand that was wrong, but I was so mad over such a big deal being made over mustard. However, he flipped me off right back !!! Should an employee ever do that ??? I called and asked to talk to the manager a little later to see why they were so rude to me, and he stood up for the employee and said "just don't come back" and hung up on me in the middle of me trying to explain things (I only flipped him off after he SLAMMED the window down on me). !!! Look ... it's customer service ... no matter how rude a customer is, typically if you flip them off or tell them "just don't come back", most people would get fired. They were rude, they got my order wrong anyway, and even the manager HUNG UP ON ME. I had just come from an emotional situation, which is probably why I acted this way. Maybe they were having a bad day too, who knows. I still think it was TERRIBLE service and I wish to God the owner or someone over 21 would read this. I won't go there and I encourage others not to either.

• Visited May 2014
“WOW!!! What a Dog!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I heard about this place from a co-worker, Oh Myy what a find! It turns out I've been driving past this place every week but didn't know it was there. I consider myself a hotdog addict and I can't believe I didn't know about Jim's.
The sauce is just a bit spicy, I can feel it on my lips as I'm writing.
They have dogs on the griddle, when you place your order yours go into the broiler to finish cooking. Then they add the hotdog to a bun, place the toppings on it and return the whole thing to the broiler to finish. I chose to eat in my air conditioned car rather than the outdoor tables available. I can not aptly describe the taste, go get one! At $2.79 each they are a bit pricey but treat yourself to a treasure of West Mifflin.

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Always the Same!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The best dogs and burgers around! Have been here many times over the years and the food is the same as in years past. The secret sauce is excellent on just about everything. The place is super clean as well. Take a few minutes and relax as the meals are made to order!

Rich and Dr. Linda W.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank RichnLin
West Richland, Washington
“Hot dog”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Jim's is noted for their special sauce. Each dog is prepared when ordered so be patient. The sausage is very good so I urge you to try it. I make this a special stop every time I'm in town. Had their when I was a kid and they are just as I remember.

1 Thank Jim D