“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Litchfield
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I always have good luck staying at this chain. The room was clean, roomy, and comfortable. The breakfast was also perfect for my needs. Ray on the desk really extended himself to get me in early-I arrived well ahead of check-in. That was much appreciated. My room had no microwave or refrigerator-though my daughter and her husband in another room had them. Not sure why. I said nothing as it was not a big deal for a week-end. I also appreciate the free morning paper. All in all-a great place to stay. I would definitely return if I am ever in the Burgh.

Room Tip: avoid the first floor-it is down a level from the lobby
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank susan315
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that if you do stay with us in the future that we do offer refridgerators and microwaves for our guests. Just ask for one to be put in your room when you check in or make your reservation and we will take care of that for you.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
JOHNSTOWN, PA
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed here with a small scout troop for a weekend trip to Kennywood. I used the friend and family rate and still thought it was a little expensive but wanted a nice hotel. The woman at the front desk wasn't friendly but the breakfast staff was outstanding and helpful. We had two rooms and they were very clean. Four people in each room and only 3 wash clothes in each. Girls went to the front desk and got us more.

Good selection for breakfast but the pancakes were nasty. Liked having coffee and hot choc always available but they ran out of decaf very early in the evening and it never got refilled. Very large breakfast area.

I would stay here again if going to Kennywood. There is no pool which is ok because we aren't allowed to take the girls swimming. They have a room in the basement for special events and the girls accidently went all the way down and said it was scary down there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank HOSKI
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night for a sports event. They had coffee in the lobby, which was nice. But only had hazelnut creamer, which was not. The other holders where not stocked.

When we arrived three people behind the desk ignored us for sometime, when one of them finally did speak, it was to tell us our room was not ready. (We were 15 mins early for check in. ) We went out to get something to eat...when we returned the room was still opened, and the maid cart was just outside. She began to have a conversation with herself about whether she had remembered to vacume. (Nope. And the bathroom was none too clean either. ) When we did check in we had a very unfriendly clerk who asked questions and took my info as though she suspected me of a crime of some sort. Luckily, a freindlier sort took over. Later, when my husband asked if there was a shuttle to the game he got a lot of attitude. That night, finally showered and settled, the TV was stuck on a game station (no games). I called the desk, and the person was very nice but couldn't help me because there were no maintainance people. I asked if she could call the mananger-she said she could not.

The next day we went to the free buffet breakfast but only a few items were left. When I went to the front desk about the matter-I got to stand there for a while, again, after which a rather surly clerk let the manager know that breakfast was almost over anyway. (Her watch must be fast about 25 mins.) The manager or assistant manager was apologetic and went to get the cook, who it seems doubles as a chamber maid and had gone off to clean rooms. She made some eggs and so on. I took a fruit from the lobby as the one bruised banana on the buffet looked sad and unappealing. No wonder it's free.

After breakfast, we went back to the room to relax a little, but the front desk started calling about a half hour before check out to "remind" us. I don't know why. No one would want to extend their stay-trust me.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
I apologize for what you experienced during you stay. I would like for you to contact me directly to discuss this further if you would like. You are right in saying that it is a Hospitality Industry and what you are describing is not acceptable and I take it very seriously. Thank you though for your feedback and I can promise you that this is being addressed and many changes are still in process here to make sure that your stay here with us is nothing less than outstanding!

Matt McFarland - Assistant General Manager
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2010

My wife and I checked in very late/early and this young man Jerry was very helpfull and kind. He let us know where to go and eat since everthing was closed for delivery. There was no towels in our room and Jerry had 4 towels there in 3-4 minutes. I knew this was not his fault as he was by himself working. He did ask us if we would like to be Priority Club members and offered us two bags of crackers and water just to join. This young man helped us with our luggage and was so very nice. We will come back Jerry,thank you for your kindness

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmkocher
mmcfarland, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, November 7, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to make Jerry aware of your feedback as well. We look forward to seeing you again!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Wife, 15 month old daugther and I staye dhere for one night and were happily surprised by the quality & options of the hot breakfast, the staff was great, room was exceptionally clean. Unfortunatley the bed was not very soft and I simply couldn't get comfortable, my wife also agreed. Also of note, WiFi was quite slow.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who isn't picky about the bed or doesn't like soft beds, if you like soft beds, then I suggest you look elsewhere.
We'd stay here again if they are significanlty cheaper than the SpringHill Suites or Hampton Inn down the road, otherwise we'll give them a try next time.
But if they ever get new (softer/pillowtop beds) then we'll definitley stay here each and every time we come to PIttsburgh (which is quite often).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
mmcfarland, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We always want to know how guest's feel we can improve and I will be sure to bring these things up with the General Manager. Thank you and we hope to see you again!
Reviewed September 16, 2010

My husband and I have been staying at this hotel regularly for the past 4 years with our dog. It's one of the few hotels in the entire Pittsburgh vicinity that is pet-friendly. It's had some serious problems over the years, but for the past year or so, it's been on the right track. There are still problems, one of whom is Corey, who has major attitude issues, but the front desk manager is excellent. He helped me with a problem that I reported to Holiday Inn Guest Services, and treated me as a respected guest. On this stay we were upgraded to the jacuzzi suite, which was a very nice perk. The housekeeping staff and breakfast staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel, but if you have any problems, be sure to kick it up a notch!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
mmcfarland, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin, responded to this review, September 18, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Our goal is to make sure that you leave satisfied with every aspect of your stay. We have a new management staff running the hotel now and there are a lot of new and exciting changes coming to the hotel in the future and we look forward to seeing you again!
Distant
Reviewed September 10, 2010

service was excellent. Corey was great. Hotel was clean, quiet, and easy to find. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tyeany
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
#4 of 5 in West Mifflin
Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall
Courtyard Pittsburgh West Homestead/Waterfront
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin? Share your experiences!