“Dinner on us”

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner on us”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

There were five of us at a table and while it was a little crowded, we received good service and good food. We don't have an Applebee's near us so it was a treat.

Visited July 2014

Ruskin, Florida
“Typical Chain Restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I am not a chain restaurant person but eating out with a mother who needs a gluten free menu is often challenging. Applebee's does have a menu, when they can find it, and it has a few items. My husband and I got the $20 deal which included an appetizer and two entrees. We were pleasantly surprised that the portions were full size, so it is quite a deal. We got queso blanco with nachos and it was really good. Cheese was hot and spicy and the chips thin and crispy. I had the three cheese chicken penne which was just OK. I think they must pre-make many of the items on the special menu as it felt like it had been sitting for awhile. The cheese was all congealed and the garlic stick was as hard as a rock. My husband had the lime chicken dish, and his cheese was super congealed and the ends of the chicken were all crispy as it had been overcooked. Disappointing, but sadly what you expect at this type of chain restaurant. Since this location didn't offer the ribeye which was listed on the gluten free menu, my mother had the chicken with the portabello mushrooms. She said it was tasty and the chicken very tender. I think hers was best as it was freshly made, while ours sat waiting.

Service was very good, and the manager even came by to check on things.

Visited July 2014
North Canton, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't be my first choice”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Good service, but food was very mediocre and restaurant not very clean. Will try somewhere else next time.

Visited June 2014
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Oriental chicken salad”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great comfortable place to eat. Affordable. Generous drink specials. Very attentive waitress and managers

Visited April 2014
Bath, Pennsylvania
“Low calorie meals”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Applebee's has a nice selection of low calorie meals - the shrimp and chicken combos are my favorite. This restaurant is close to where I stay when I am in town and so it is convenient for me to go there. The selection of draft beers is also very good

• Visited March 2014