“Pretty Good ”
Review of Kennywood Park

Kennywood Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kennywood is America's Finest Traditional Amusement Park! Located just outside Pittsburgh, PA, Kennywood offers a unique mix of classic rides and modern thrills, including six roller coasters, a 14-ride Kiddieland, and several attractions that cannot be found anywhere else, including the newly revamped Noah's Ark, recognized by "Amusement Today" as the world's best walkthrough/funhouse attraction for the past six years. Kennywood's three wooden coasters have all been designated Landmark rides by the American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE). Founded as a trolley park in 1898 and named a National Historic Landmark in 1987, Kennywood guarantees unforgettable fun for all ages. The experience goes well beyond the rides, as guests enjoy homemade fudge, Deep Fried Oreos, tasty funnel cakes, and Kennywood's world-famous Potato Patch fries! Whether you're celebrating a birthday, having a party, hosting a company picnic or family reunion, Kennywood has large and inviting private party areas with delicious meal options to please even the pickiest eaters.
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

I thought that Kennywood was a great place to go. I go there every year and I always have tons of fun with the family. It has a cool feeling to it because they combine old and new rollar coasters. The only thing I dislike is the eating areas have trash everywhere but over all very fun.

There are newer reviews for Kennywood Park

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Got to the park right after opening about 11am, park was pretty empty and was nice. Warm and Humid day. Wife and kids went on all the coasters and the lines were not bad at all. Did not ride any of the old wooden coaster. Just was not for them. Tried to cool by going on the Raging Rapids but got there and it was drained and closed. Tried the Pittsburgh Plunge but that was closed also, later found out shortly after it opened someone puked on it and they had to clean up the mess. Understandable. But did not see anyone cleaning at that time. Went over to the Log Jammer, and yes you get a little splash but was not enough on this Humid muggy day. Prices for food and stuff are typical prices for amusement parks. I see the have refillable cups and the refills were 99 cents plus tax. So the initial investment of 8 bucks for the cup and then to refill it was more reasonable.

Oh yeah the music they had piping through the whole park....can you say depressing and a downer. really come on people are there to have fun and be happy. Not listen to depressing music. They were trying to play 4th of July Holiday music. All for being patriotic but come on they were sad and depressing.

Would I go back?? probably not prices keep going up every year and Amusement parks are not my thing anymore. For those prices i would go out to another place.

1  Thank fireyankee24
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Kennywood is the perfect place to go and take your family for the day, if you have a lot of money! I feel the prices have increased since the last time I was there which wasn't very long ago. It cost us $85.00 to get into the park and then about $22.00 for lunch and much more for snacks and such throughout the park. Overall, it was a good time but extremely expensive.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have been going to Kennywood since I was a kid and I have to say, it is still the best theme park ever. I've been to Cedar Point and Kings Island, and both are great, but there is something special about Kennywood. Once you're inside, the real world fades away and it's nothing but fun and good food. The Thunderbolt is by far the best coaster there. It's a simple, old fashioned wooden coaster, but the twists and turns make it so fun!
Kennywood offers something for everyone. From the high, fast coasters to smaller wooden ones, there is something for everyone. Kennywood manages to bring you new modern rides while still keeping the tradition of the old ones, some of which are historic landmarks.

They also offer Phantom Fright Nights in October at which the park is decorated for Halloween and you can ride in the dark. Also recently added in the last year is the Holiday Lights at which the entire park is decorated with Christmas lights. I haven't been to that yet, but plan on going this winter.

No matter what time of year you go to Kennywood you are sure to have a great time! It will always get 5 stars from this gal!

1  Thank Sanban29
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We arrived at Kennywood right at opening and proceeded to get in line for their biggest coaster, Phantom's Revenge. None of the rides were open at that time, but they all started running at 11:00 except Phantoms Revenge. There was an employee at the gate of the ride, who would not give any details about when the ride would be opening. Finally after waiting an hour and a half with no information, we decided to lose our place in line so that we could ride SOMETHING. Eventually Phantoms Revenge did open and we were able to ride it once after waiting in line for another 45 minutes. So ultimately we spent two hours and fifteen minutes of our day waiting for that one ride. The rest of the park was good and enjoyed a couple other rides, but it was a very frustrating start to the day.

Too bad Kennywood didn't make sure that their staff was empowered enough to actually give folks an idea if they are wasting their time standing in line for a ride. I understand the mechanical issues that can arise, but they should be better at communicating with their paying guests. I drove 6 hours to ride Phantoms Revenge, and got to ride it.....once....

I did notice some areas that did not seem as clean as I would have imagined too. I was expecting a well kept old time park, and some parts were nice, but there were some areas where I could see tons of trash in the brush. Disappointing....

1  Thank wmitche2
Jeff F, Manager at Kennywood Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

We apologize for the time spent waiting in line. While most issues are corrected in a short amount of time, it isn't always easy to say just how long it will take. The Team Members avoid giving a specific time so that Guests aren't upset if that time isn't correct in the end. We'll evaluate the way we instruct Team Members to inform waiting Guests, but ultimately it's the Guest's decision to wait or enjoy another ride in the mean time.