“AVOID!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Reviewed November 5, 2006

I Would Not Recommend This Hotel. Out Of the way, Rude , Non Accomodating Staff/Mgmt, Mediocre Lodging. The only smile/friendly attitude came from a member of maid serv on floor 4. bathroom dirty. mgmt and front desk staff were rude, they lied to us and would not put calls through to our phone when we had left one of our party at the room and were calling from 20-30 min away. we had to return to the room and found that the phone had not even rang. it did ring throughout the night repeatedly though. will never stay with this hotel again and would not advise.
also will never stay with choice hotels again, nor would i advise anyone else to. they have yet to try to correct all the problems with this stay although notified two seperate times. at time of incidents and after. many other competitor chains are better quality and are concerned with your happiness with your stay with them.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 21, 2006

We stayed here as the price was $20 cheaper then the other hotels in town, big mistake!
Throughout the night you could here everyone's door's opening and closing, the bathroom was filthy bordering on a bio-hazard warning, and to top everything off there was no hot water in the morning!
The next night we stayed at the Mariott SpringHill Suites it was like being at a resort compared to the Comfort inn..

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 17, 2005

We arrived at 330 pm and were told our room would not be available until 400 pm at check-in time. I requested that the clerk check with housekeeping and he refused. We were then informed because we had dogs we had to stay in a smoking room because of people who have allergies to dogs! What sense does this make? I told the clerk I was allergic to cigarette smoke, which is the truth and he shrugged his shoulders. As soon as I stepped out of the elevator onto the fourth floor you were overcome by cigarette smoke. I asked for a handicapped room and was denied because of having the dogs - one of which is my service animal. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because of the indoor heated pool. With my disability, water therapy is a big part of my health routine. We had planned to get up this morning and swim for a while before we had to leave. We called the front desk to see when the pool opened. We were told it was open from 500 pm til some time later. (I was too aggravated to hear when it closed.)
This morning a housekeeper had her slippers on (big fuzzy type) while keeping the continintal breakfast area supplied. Very unprofessional. The clerk who checked me in was not pleasant, acted as though I was interupting him, and was not helpful nor did he go out of his way to assist a disabled patron. He was not professional looking with his multiple piercings in and around his head area. The clerk that checked me out this morning should have washed his long hair before coming to work. If I didn't expect any type of amenities I would stay at a "No Tell Motel."

Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank Beth N
Reviewed September 27, 2003

It's not a resort hotel, but if you're looking for a clean, safe, and comfortable place to sleep for a night or two, the Comfort Inn West Mifflin will do just fine. Staff are courteous and efficient if not exactly friendly, rooms and hallways are clean, and while the continental breakfast isn't quite the "deluxe" experience advertised on the hotel chain's official home page, it's plentiful and fresh and will get you on your way with minimal fuss. We didn't use the tiny indoor pool, but it looked clean and well-maintained. One minor complaint: the air conditioning unit in our room was under the window and the curtains ended just above it, so that they flapped wildly whenever the AC was running. It was annoying, but the alternative was to open them and sleep in the glare from the lights in the parking lot. Eventually we had to fold the curtains up at the bottom and tuck them up on the windowsill, using our shoes to hold them in place.

3  Thank mlsg1
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead
Comfort Inn Conference Center
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#60 of 73 in Pittsburgh

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!