“Double charged!!! WARNING!!!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I held the room on my VISA card. When we checked out we paid cash. They charged my card 3 days later and claimed that we never paid with cash! WARNING!!!! DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed May 26, 2009

Comfort Inns are never luxurious places so as long as you keep that in mind, this isn't a bad hotel. The room was a little too basic for the price being charged, but at least it was clean and in good condition. My main complaint was the bathroom, which was rather small and dark.

Good luck getting to the place. A few miles of road from the nearby highways are littered with traffic lights, meaning you have to plan a lot of time to get to the hotel, as well as where you want to go once you're at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2008

I wish I had read the reviews prior to going, but other Comfort Inn or Comfort Inn and Suites locations have exceeded my expectations. This location is a dump. I cheched out as soon as I found another location nearby ( The Courtyard by Marriot at the Waterfront, which was amazing). The staff are low class and unbelievably careless. Smoking or non, all the rooms reak of cigarettes as did the staff members I encountered.
This hotel is less expensive than other nearby hotels, but not worth it!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RandSN
Reviewed February 2, 2008

We live in West Mifflin and needed to stay overnite nearby for one night. We chose Comfort Inn because it was close to our home. The first keys we were given would not unlock the door, but also the smell of cigarette smoke was unbelievable in the hallway on the 4th floor. We went back to desk and were assigned to room 322. Could not smell smoke on this floor. Upon entering room 322 we were appalled at the site of the floor. No vacuum had touched this floor, little plastic decals were on floor along with an unbelievable collection of crumbs and crud on the carpet, between the beds, and around the table. I can't imagine someone cleaning this room and what they were thinking when they thought they had finished. Then assigned to room 320. Turned shower on and before even using, water backing up and not draining, called desk and he plunged tub to get it open. He was very kind, hotel was quite disgusting and will let others know not to stay there. No compensation offered.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank desota
Reviewed September 28, 2007

First, I LOVE staying at Comfort Inns. They are by no means luxurious, but they are usually clean and comfortable. And the FREE continental breakfast is a big selling point for me. However, this one disappointed. Clearly, it needs some updates.

The bedspread looked well worn. The room smelled a little musty. The bathroom wasn't very clean. There was visible dirt and even some hair (ew!) built up in the corners.

When we checked in, the guy staffing the front desk was busy playing a computer game in the nearby office. When he finally noticed us standing at the desk, it still took him a minute to quit his game before helping us. When we booked the room online, we booked a king bed. We found two "double" beds in our room, which barely held two people.

The entire staff looked a little shady. Many of them paraded through the breakfast area at the end of the designated breakfast time, looking sloppy and unprofessional.

By no means does this experience change my overall positive perception of Comfort Inns or Choice Hotels, but I wouldn't stay at this location again until it is renovated.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lbear
Reviewed April 10, 2007

This hotel is ok for the money. Upon check in, our door would not open. The guy from front desk showed us that to open the door, we have to lift the handle UP. Also, the dead bolt does not lock because
of the way the door handle is.

Good things: Beds are comfortable, room was clean. Staff was
ok. Good location. Breakfast: juices, toast, muffins, waffles, cereal. Area was clean. Indoor pool.

Not so great things: NO refrigerator in the room! Sink is in the room. "Bathroom" which is the toilet and the shower is unbelievably small. You have to practically stand in the shower to close the door.
Elevator is extremely slow, easier to just use the steps. Indoor pool
nice very small. Walls are thin. Hotel wasn't very busy this weekend so only one night did we have someone staying beside us and could hear their infant scream at 4am.

I'd rather stay at Springhill Suites, which is nicer but more $. But
if they are booked (as was the case) or I didn't have the extra $, I would stay here again. It's not terrible but it's not the best either.

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank virginiamom2004
Reviewed November 5, 2006

I Would Not Recommend This Hotel. Out Of the way, Rude , Non Accomodating Staff/Mgmt, Mediocre Lodging. The only smile/friendly attitude came from a member of maid serv on floor 4. bathroom dirty. mgmt and front desk staff were rude, they lied to us and would not put calls through to our phone when we had left one of our party at the room and were calling from 20-30 min away. we had to return to the room and found that the phone had not even rang. it did ring throughout the night repeatedly though. will never stay with this hotel again and would not advise.
also will never stay with choice hotels again, nor would i advise anyone else to. they have yet to try to correct all the problems with this stay although notified two seperate times. at time of incidents and after. many other competitor chains are better quality and are concerned with your happiness with your stay with them.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/West Mifflin
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin
SpringHill Suites West Mifflin
Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!