“Very pleasant experience”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Saint Marys, West Virginia
“Very pleasant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Was confined to the hotel 8 hrs a day for 1 week while my husband was taking classes (didn't want to drive in the Pittsburg traffic). Could not have asked for a better place to stay. The staff was a joy to be around. Always helpful with any questions, the room was clean and they were always checking to see if we needed anything. The breakfast had a large variety of food and the room was open all day with TV, coffee, fruit and snacks. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of my friends. It does not have a pool, but did have a small fitness room.

Room Tip: Ground floor front did not feel comfortable having the drapes open, people were coming an going in t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Debby B.,

Thank you for your kind comments. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I hope we get the opportunity to meet again.

Patrice Leary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our stay here was a pleasant surprise. The property, itself, is clean and well maintained but what makes it special is the staff. Ebony, in particular, was professional and caring. We voiced concern about the location of our room (facing a busy highway) She did everything in her power to make us comfortable. The room location was not a factor because the windows are so well insulated we were not bothered by the traffic noises. Although the rooms are a little smaller, they have everything you need.
When we mentioned how nice the staff was, Ebony said (with pride) "We're like a little family". They were...and it works!

Room Tip: There are also " jacuzzi rooms". We thought this meant a jetted bathtub. But, no, they h...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Nurse Judy,

We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for recognizing Ebony. She is definitely an asset to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reno, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I found this place on the internet. When I called the hotel, I spoke with Jason the hotel clerk and told him I needed a quiet room. Our grandson was having surgery at Mercy Hospital and I wanted to know if they gave a hospital discount .[which they do] Jason was so helpful and caring about our situation. He helped us find a place to eat and asked how our grandson was and if the surgery went well. The next day I spoke with the hotel manager and she was so caring also. When you are stressed and worried about your loved one, it helps to know kind people care too. I sincerely thank you folks and highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Sandy B,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that your grandson continues to improve.

Patrice
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

The staff was very helpful and hotel was very clean it was very convenient for my family to pick me up as i stuck in one place because of a broken leg, if i were ever in this area again they would be my first choice and would highly recommend this place to business and pleasure travelers alike.

• Stayed February 2014
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you again and we hope you're feeling better.
Bath, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stay at this inn every time I visit Pittsburgh to visit my mother who is in an assisted living facility nearby. I have been coming at least once a month for the past 3 years. I find this inn to be convenient, clean and safe for me. In addition the free breakfast has lots of options to choose from and I am always satisfied after breakfast. The room is nicely appointed with TV, fridge and microwave. I find that the staff is friendly and helpful. Believe me with all of the trips that I make to Pittsburgh I want to stay at a place that I like.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
The staff and I thank you again!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

There were pluses and minuses during my recent stay at this property. Pluses were that the room was modern, clean and had been well taken care of. The wireless internet worked well, TV quality was good as was channel selection.

Minuses - Over 15 minutes to check-in (arrived at property at 6:30PM and was number 3 line to check-in) and there was only one employee was behind the counter. If you stay, ask for a room on the back side of the building. The front side is very close to the road and I did hear noise from it most of the evening. The offerings at the continental breakfast were so-so at best, English muffins were stale and just not much variety.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tbfltri8
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear tbfitri8:

Thank you for your review. We very much appreciate and value your feedback.

I would like to apologize for the delay in checking in. Our breakfast buffet features cereals, juice, yogurt, fruit, waffles, eggs, meat, and various breads and danish. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated. I am sorry you found the variety lacking.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another change to provide you with a superior experience.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I never expect much from a Comfort Inn but I do expect them to deliver on the basics. This property did all those things well. It is very clean, centrally located, friendly and accommodating. I did have trouble with a noisy A/C unit which I reported at check out. They followed up with an email to let me know the issue had been addressed so I assume they fixed it. The typical breakfast is offered -- I thought the pastries were more stale than usual but that can happen any day of the week. Overall I would have no trouble repeating as a business traveler though I probably wouldn't spend my own money to bring the family here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob G
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear DrGrapes:

Thank you for the review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in West Mifflin.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South
Econo Lodge Clairton
Econo Lodge Clairton
#1 of 1 in Clairton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!