“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were heading to Pittsburgh for the night and looking for a last min hotel room and everything seemed to be booked because of pirates games and other holiday festivities this weekend! This was our last call and we got the last room and weren't sure what to expect. Though Comfort Inns are usually pretty good.
We were extremely pleased with the cleanliness of the room & bathroom (I usually have to completely clean a hotel bathroom myself before I'll use it because they're usually not very clean but this was an exception!). Newer carpet and mattress and linens and pillows even. I even felt ok walking barefoot in this room! Comfortable night's sleep.
Great location right outside the city and much better price than bigger city hotels. And free parking which you can't find in the city hotels.
Our only complaint, and it's not the staff's fault, was the terribly set up breakfast area! When the hotel is full and everyone comes for breakfast at the same time it's impossible to move in there let alone get to the food. The toaster and waffle iron were right in the middle of it all so people would have to stand right there for minutes while their food cooked creating quite a traffic jam. It seems like it could somehow be a little better laid out. The offerings were good though and there was plenty of food and an attentive and patient worker continuously refilling things.
Overall we enjoyed our quick visit and would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Celticrockgirl:

Thank you so much for the great review. The staff and I were delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

We are aware of the problems with the breakfast area and the good news is that we will be remodeling this area soon! We can't wait.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The comfort inn West Mifflin is not. Five star hotel. That said, the rooms were small but well appointed with two beds, microwave, fridge, and good TV reception and channel selection. There is no restaurant on site but typical breakfast is included. Front desk personnel were very friendly and willing to assist. There was a minor glitch with our reservation but it was resolved immediately and satisfactorily. Rooms were clean.

Room Tip: The rooms are pretty much all equal. I was a bit concerned about road noise with my room (223) but i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Dr. Forgot:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments will serve as encouragement to our staff to continue to provide the best possible service to all of our guests. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I always prefer to stay at a Comfort Inn when traveling on company business. I needed to stay close to my early AM meeting so I picked this hotel and was extremely happy I did. The rooms are very modern and clean. The breakfast had a great selection and everything was hot and fresh. I will stay at this hotel again if I am ever in the area. This hotel is a home run!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ZWERGLDAD
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Zwergldad:

Thank you for the great review! The team here strives to make each guest experience enjoyable. When we accomplish that goal we have done our job.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback and the team will as well when I share it with them.

I am honored you chose the Comfort Inn West Mifflin and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I called at 4am to rerserve my room. No one picked up the phone it went automatically to an automated service while I was on hold. After 10 minutes of waiting I went to the site and did it online. The room was okay. The hottub takes with no exageration 30 minutes to fill. Plus two ofthe jets were not working at all. If inside the tub they were the two upper left ones near the drain. The room smelled like smoke and beyond new carpets the place needs new paint and remodeled. The bed was a king and my husbands feet were hanging off the end of it. He is 6'3 and 350 lbs.I need pillows to sleep. My husband had a normal size and I had three little square shaped ones? The bathroom was absolutely tiny. So much so that the sink is outside of the bathroom next to the mirrored closet when walking into the room. The curtain sheers need pulled and washed. Breakast was a nightmare. There were huge families eating and hording three tables to them each. I had to push through people to get an orange juice. There wasn't any eggs left? I will being staying at The Hampton next time.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank LemonSpaHottie
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Ms. LemonSpaHottie: I just want to apologize that you weren't satisfied with your recent stay with us. Weekends are very busy and I'm sorry you had diffculty with breakfast. The jets in the jacuzzi are sometimes turned off. I have instructed housekeeping to make sure they are turned on. Also, we are replacing the pillows and the bedding this year as many guests have the same complaint. Commitment to your Satisfaction is in our mission statement. If you're not satisfied with our accommodations or service let us know so that we can make it right. I would like to make this right. Please contact me at 412-653-6600.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just spent one night at this hotel, and it certainly wasn't as bad as some of the reviews said. Yes the bathroom is really small and our shower head was also coming out of the wall, but not much you can do about that without remodeling. The room itself was really clean and I happened to have a very clean refrigerator and microwave :). The breakfast was pretty good - better than just a box of cereal or a yogurt. I would stay here again. The only real complaint I would give is that the pillows are too small - would rather 2 normal size than 4 small - it is a little expensive too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank arlene s
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Arlene S: Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff and I appreciate the positive feedback. The good news is we are replacing the pillows! By the end of 2013 all of our bedding will be upgraded. We will have two types of pillows; soft and firm and they are larger. We have a few rooms done already and we are very excited. We did repair the shower head. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently spent a full weekend at the West Mifflin Comfort Inn. Staff at front desk and breakfast area were wonderful and accommodating, the breakfast was good, the rooms seemed clean with no bed bugs. Big plus! Although, the bathroom needed work. The shower head came out of a big hole in the wall. I was afraid to move it cause it was very loose. It was overall good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Melissa S.: Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I were delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the shower head. The Housekeeping staff are diligent about reporting maintenance issues in the room and our Maintenance Engineer is very good. Obviously we missed something. Could you please let me know which room so that I may inspect it. You can email me at gm.pa439@choicehotels.com. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again.

(412) 653-6600

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel before, but Room 208 has the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. Seriously it was 60 x 66. Barely room to close the door. It was like showering in a closet with a toilet stuffed in there. Another major problem was the breakfast area on Sunday morning. There were not enough seats, the food was at the back of the room and you literally could not get to anything. People were getting angry and being rude to the lady putting out the food. They could go a long way to fixing it by moving the coffee to the area next to the elevator instead of the couch. Then move the waffle iron to where the coffee is now.
The first room they gave us on the lowest level was down a dark hallway, no bigger bathroom. Basically, they have new carpet because they went no smoking. The beds were OK and the place was clean, but you need to be aware of the tight quarters in the bathroom if you have two couples and the two double beds. You should also be aware that ALL staff smoked just outside the doors.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lowest level have dark halls and not really good for women traveling alone.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear GardenGalOhio: Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. We continually strive to improve our product and our services and comments such as yours tell us what we're doing right and where we can improve.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead
Comfort Inn Conference Center
Comfort Inn Conference Center
#60 of 73 in Pittsburgh

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!