“Not a dirty place...”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just spent one night at this hotel, and it certainly wasn't as bad as some of the reviews said. Yes the bathroom is really small and our shower head was also coming out of the wall, but not much you can do about that without remodeling. The room itself was really clean and I happened to have a very clean refrigerator and microwave :). The breakfast was pretty good - better than just a box of cereal or a yogurt. I would stay here again. The only real complaint I would give is that the pillows are too small - would rather 2 normal size than 4 small - it is a little expensive too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank arlene s
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Arlene S: Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The staff and I appreciate the positive feedback. The good news is we are replacing the pillows! By the end of 2013 all of our bedding will be upgraded. We will have two types of pillows; soft and firm and they are larger. We have a few rooms done already and we are very excited. We did repair the shower head. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently spent a full weekend at the West Mifflin Comfort Inn. Staff at front desk and breakfast area were wonderful and accommodating, the breakfast was good, the rooms seemed clean with no bed bugs. Big plus! Although, the bathroom needed work. The shower head came out of a big hole in the wall. I was afraid to move it cause it was very loose. It was overall good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Melissa S.: Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I were delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the shower head. The Housekeeping staff are diligent about reporting maintenance issues in the room and our Maintenance Engineer is very good. Obviously we missed something. Could you please let me know which room so that I may inspect it. You can email me at gm.pa439@choicehotels.com. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again.

(412) 653-6600

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel before, but Room 208 has the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. Seriously it was 60 x 66. Barely room to close the door. It was like showering in a closet with a toilet stuffed in there. Another major problem was the breakfast area on Sunday morning. There were not enough seats, the food was at the back of the room and you literally could not get to anything. People were getting angry and being rude to the lady putting out the food. They could go a long way to fixing it by moving the coffee to the area next to the elevator instead of the couch. Then move the waffle iron to where the coffee is now.
The first room they gave us on the lowest level was down a dark hallway, no bigger bathroom. Basically, they have new carpet because they went no smoking. The beds were OK and the place was clean, but you need to be aware of the tight quarters in the bathroom if you have two couples and the two double beds. You should also be aware that ALL staff smoked just outside the doors.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lowest level have dark halls and not really good for women traveling alone.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear GardenGalOhio: Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. We continually strive to improve our product and our services and comments such as yours tell us what we're doing right and where we can improve.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I've stayed at a few Comfort Inn hotels in past years; however, this property is byfar one of the bests! My wife and I stayed on June 29-30th and will definitly be returning to Comfort Inn West Mifflin on our next visit with family. We had a small issue at check in but the AGM, Jim, resolved that on Saturday morning. He also went out of his way to make sure that we had proper directions to our next hotel/destination. Sheryl and Christine were equally delightful towards my wife and I. Keep up the good work!!!!

Room Tip: Hotel staff is wonderful. AGM, Jim, is very knowlegable and handled all our concerns and needs with...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Jackson C: Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate hearing positive feedback. It is a boost to morale and gives us incentive to continually strive to improve our product and service.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

After running the gauntlet of smokers out front, the heavily tatooed, purple haired desk clerk told me my reservation was cancelled by Choice Hotels because they didn't have a double-double room available. When I later called the Choice Hotels customer service line to complain, I was told someone at the hotel had cancelled the room about an hour after I tried to check in. I now have a formal complaint lodged with Choice Hotels. At least they didn't charge me for getting my room cancelled after the deadline had passed. They actually did us a favor. We ended up staying at the very nice Springhill Suites about 1/2 mile down Lebanon Church Road.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NaptownElvis

Dear NaptownElvis: I am writing to confirm that you have received your reimbursement for your cancelled reservation. Again, I am sincerely sorry for the mix-up and thank you for bringing it to my attention. If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here recently to attend my daughter's wedding in Pittsburgh. She booked a block of rooms here as well as at another near-by place. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was available, professional, and friendly. The rooms were very clean, the wireless worked flawlessly, and the breakfast offered a great variety of choices. I have no complaints and will definitely stay here again if I ever get the courage to battle Pittsburgh traffic. The location was perfect for all our needs. I am especially grateful to the general manager who made the bridal party feel welcomed. That personal touch often makes all the difference to me.

Room Tip: The second floor is ground level-the first floor is a level below. The vending machines and ice are...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank susan315
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Susan: Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate hearing from our guests. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We also enjoyed you and your family. Thank you for choosing us to help share this important occasion. I hope we will be able to meet again.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

The back door to the ground floor (which is not in view of the front desk) had the lock on the door disabled permanently so you didn't need to swipe your card--you could just walk right in from the back parking lot. Since my room was a couple door down, I didn't feel real secure. Then they claim to have high speed internet, but wireless only works in the lobby and wired barely worked in my room, and all I was trying to do was read gmail. Very frustrating. In addition, the door to the bathroom in the room didn't really close all the way and wouldn't latch. Definitely a smokey smell, but that wasn't too bad. Will not be staying here again

Room Tip: don't say on the ground floor if you want security
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear Dawn: Thank you for letting me know about your concerns. I'm sorry for the problems you experienced. I just wanted to let you know that the back door lock has been repaired and requires a key to access the hotel. Also we have wireless internet throughout the hotel now and it is getting great reviews. Also, we just installed new carpeting in all of the guest rooms. I sincerely hope you will stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/West Mifflin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin
SpringHill Suites West Mifflin
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead
Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!