“Best Stay at a Comfort Inn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
sante fe
“Best Stay at a Comfort Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I've stayed at a few Comfort Inn hotels in past years; however, this property is byfar one of the bests! My wife and I stayed on June 29-30th and will definitly be returning to Comfort Inn West Mifflin on our next visit with family. We had a small issue at check in but the AGM, Jim, resolved that on Saturday morning. He also went out of his way to make sure that we had proper directions to our next hotel/destination. Sheryl and Christine were equally delightful towards my wife and I. Keep up the good work!!!!

Room Tip: Hotel staff is wonderful. AGM, Jim, is very knowlegable and handled all our concerns and needs with...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Jackson C: Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate hearing positive feedback. It is a boost to morale and gives us incentive to continually strive to improve our product and service.

Patrice Leary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

After running the gauntlet of smokers out front, the heavily tatooed, purple haired desk clerk told me my reservation was cancelled by Choice Hotels because they didn't have a double-double room available. When I later called the Choice Hotels customer service line to complain, I was told someone at the hotel had cancelled the room about an hour after I tried to check in. I now have a formal complaint lodged with Choice Hotels. At least they didn't charge me for getting my room cancelled after the deadline had passed. They actually did us a favor. We ended up staying at the very nice Springhill Suites about 1/2 mile down Lebanon Church Road.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NaptownElvis
Dear NaptownElvis: I am writing to confirm that you have received your reimbursement for your cancelled reservation. Again, I am sincerely sorry for the mix-up and thank you for bringing it to my attention. If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Litchfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here recently to attend my daughter's wedding in Pittsburgh. She booked a block of rooms here as well as at another near-by place. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was available, professional, and friendly. The rooms were very clean, the wireless worked flawlessly, and the breakfast offered a great variety of choices. I have no complaints and will definitely stay here again if I ever get the courage to battle Pittsburgh traffic. The location was perfect for all our needs. I am especially grateful to the general manager who made the bridal party feel welcomed. That personal touch often makes all the difference to me.

Room Tip: The second floor is ground level-the first floor is a level below. The vending machines and ice are...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank susan315
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Susan: Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate hearing from our guests. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We also enjoyed you and your family. Thank you for choosing us to help share this important occasion. I hope we will be able to meet again.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

The back door to the ground floor (which is not in view of the front desk) had the lock on the door disabled permanently so you didn't need to swipe your card--you could just walk right in from the back parking lot. Since my room was a couple door down, I didn't feel real secure. Then they claim to have high speed internet, but wireless only works in the lobby and wired barely worked in my room, and all I was trying to do was read gmail. Very frustrating. In addition, the door to the bathroom in the room didn't really close all the way and wouldn't latch. Definitely a smokey smell, but that wasn't too bad. Will not be staying here again

Room Tip: don't say on the ground floor if you want security
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Dawn: Thank you for letting me know about your concerns. I'm sorry for the problems you experienced. I just wanted to let you know that the back door lock has been repaired and requires a key to access the hotel. Also we have wireless internet throughout the hotel now and it is getting great reviews. Also, we just installed new carpeting in all of the guest rooms. I sincerely hope you will stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Pittsburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

I read a few bad reviews then one that said not to believe everything written, so i decided to try it. I understand it is an "economical" choice...but it really wasnt up to par. Room had bad mildew odor and smoke odor, it was a smoke-free room. The bathroom was not clean, mildew shower curtain and the smell was so bad, i decided to change for the wedding in the room and just leave, i never ended up staying the night because the odor was too much for me. Needs badly updated, needs new everything. The coffee maker spewed hot water on me, and the iron wasnt in working order. The staff was very helpful, but you can only do so much when the place you work sucks.

Room Tip: Not worth the money.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Plysy: I'm so sorry you were unhappy when you stayed with us in August of last year. Just wanted to let you know that we have had several updates. We have installed new carpeting in all the rooms and I'm sure more improvements are coming. We also have started using new housekeeping products to help with odor problems. Our hotel is 100% non-smoking and we feature a wonderful full hot breakfast and a fitness center. Our "Commitment To Your Satisfaction" states that "If you're not satisfied with our accommodations or services, please let the front desk know without delay so we can make it right." I hope to see you the next time you are in our area and thanks again for letting me know about your concerns.

Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed here because it was on the Kennywood site. First of all the hotel says it is non smoking , but as soon as you walk in it smelled like a giant ashtray. But the reason I am most diappointed is that my niece, a minor, left the room while I was sleeping to go to the vending machine, and was locked out.. She went to the front desk and without any question or ID, was handed a room key. How scary is that? Anyone could have done the same.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Darlene: I was very concerned when I heard about the incident with your neice. You can be assured that this will never happen again. Also, our hotel is 100% non-smoking and we have recently updated our rooms with new carpeting and replacement of damaged comforters. We are committed to your satisfaction and hope you will give us another chance.

Frederick, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

I had made the reservation by calling the hotel. She took the info. When we arrived 4 days later, she had a difficult time finding our reservation in the system. We waited a good 10 mins. We arrived mid afternoon. We had just got in the room and were settling in and someone knocked on the door asking if our room was occupied. It leads me to think they must have overbooked. The bathroom reeked of a mildew smell which is a real pet peeve of mine. Hubby didn't seem to mind. The other parts of the room were ok but the room didn't smell right. Kind of chemically. When we got back in the evening after going out (around 8:00), there was a man waiting to be greeted at the desk. However, the girl on duty had just stepped out into the parking lot to have smoke break. No one else was available to help him. He looked upset. He had to go out and get her. My husband wakes up really early (5:30). He said the breakfast was set up early at 6:00 (weekends it starts at 7:00). He said it was very good. I liked it too..but the main reason I'm writing is because there was a group of people that put 3 tables together and were just sitting and talking and drinking coffee..There were only 3 other tables left for folks to sit down. Both my husband and I said something to Jim, the manager on duty, who said it was COMPANY POLICY THAT PEOPLE CAN SIT IN THERE AS LONG AS THEY WANT. I said it was unfair to other guests because they had to take their food up to their rooms to eat. Jim didn't seem to care. I felt I had to rush and eat so that others could sit down. If this is the company policy it needs to change. I was going to say something to the group but Hubby said not to start anything. By having the guests take the food to their rooms, it creates more of a mess for the maid service to clean up and we know they get paid extra for cleaning up breakfast messes (yeah, right!). Also, the shower (hubby braved the shower), was way too narrow for him to move around. Also, the bowed out shower curtain was installed in a way where the curtain sagged to the middle creating openings on each end of the rod. Water got all over the place. He said he never saw anything like that before.

Room Tip: Tip to get the best room? Don't stay at the Comfort Inn on Lebanon Church Road!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear KP710: I am sorry about the problems you experienced wtih breakfast. It is difficult for us when we are busy if guests aren't considerate of others. We will and do continually strive to become better and comments such as yours let us know where we need to improve. Thank you for letting me know.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh South
Econo Lodge Clairton
Econo Lodge Clairton
#1 of 1 in Clairton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!