“Disappointed and will not be back”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in West Mifflin
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed here because it was on the Kennywood site. First of all the hotel says it is non smoking , but as soon as you walk in it smelled like a giant ashtray. But the reason I am most diappointed is that my niece, a minor, left the room while I was sleeping to go to the vending machine, and was locked out.. She went to the front desk and without any question or ID, was handed a room key. How scary is that? Anyone could have done the same.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
pa439, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Darlene: I was very concerned when I heard about the incident with your neice. You can be assured that this will never happen again. Also, our hotel is 100% non-smoking and we have recently updated our rooms with new carpeting and replacement of damaged comforters. We are committed to your satisfaction and hope you will give us another chance.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I had made the reservation by calling the hotel. She took the info. When we arrived 4 days later, she had a difficult time finding our reservation in the system. We waited a good 10 mins. We arrived mid afternoon. We had just got in the room and were settling in and someone knocked on the door asking if our room was occupied. It leads me to think they must have overbooked. The bathroom reeked of a mildew smell which is a real pet peeve of mine. Hubby didn't seem to mind. The other parts of the room were ok but the room didn't smell right. Kind of chemically. When we got back in the evening after going out (around 8:00), there was a man waiting to be greeted at the desk. However, the girl on duty had just stepped out into the parking lot to have smoke break. No one else was available to help him. He looked upset. He had to go out and get her. My husband wakes up really early (5:30). He said the breakfast was set up early at 6:00 (weekends it starts at 7:00). He said it was very good. I liked it too..but the main reason I'm writing is because there was a group of people that put 3 tables together and were just sitting and talking and drinking coffee..There were only 3 other tables left for folks to sit down. Both my husband and I said something to Jim, the manager on duty, who said it was COMPANY POLICY THAT PEOPLE CAN SIT IN THERE AS LONG AS THEY WANT. I said it was unfair to other guests because they had to take their food up to their rooms to eat. Jim didn't seem to care. I felt I had to rush and eat so that others could sit down. If this is the company policy it needs to change. I was going to say something to the group but Hubby said not to start anything. By having the guests take the food to their rooms, it creates more of a mess for the maid service to clean up and we know they get paid extra for cleaning up breakfast messes (yeah, right!). Also, the shower (hubby braved the shower), was way too narrow for him to move around. Also, the bowed out shower curtain was installed in a way where the curtain sagged to the middle creating openings on each end of the rod. Water got all over the place. He said he never saw anything like that before.

Room Tip: Tip to get the best room? Don't stay at the Comfort Inn on Lebanon Church Road!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear KP710: I am sorry about the problems you experienced wtih breakfast. It is difficult for us when we are busy if guests aren't considerate of others. We will and do continually strive to become better and comments such as yours let us know where we need to improve. Thank you for letting me know.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Recently I made a reservation at this location and arrived at 11:30 P.M. When I entered my room and noticed used bath towels on the floor around the bed, bed pillows were used and the soap was used I called the front desk and was assigned a new room. The new room appeared to be fine until the following morning. At 6:00 A.M., when I pulled open the shower curtain, the floor of the tub was covered with what appeared to be a blanket of baby powder. After i cleaned the tub, I showered and went to check out. I informed the desk clerk of the situation of my second room and this was his response, '' I will leave a not for housekeeping" Later that day I contacted the corporate office and they had the general manager of this location contact me by telephone. Patrice the general manager offered to give me a 20.00 refund towards my stay, which i feel is unacceptable. If you reviewed the other negative reviews about this location all of them can't be wrong!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We are working in the area for about 8 days every 5 weeks, so we know the lodging in this area. Let me say, this place has improved in the last year but is still under par! We leave early for work at about 0600 Am. Breakfast starts at 0600 Am. There is nothing before that! Even though coffee, cereal and milk are visible the Breakfast Police will not let you cross the barrier to have a coffee. What has happened to nice people? weekend breakfast starts at 0700 Am, nice week end staff let us have coffee.
Rooms are small and bathrooms are very small. As per the afternoon desk mans comment "we are the overflow hotel in the area" Our company only stays here when nothing else is available.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear Rummie48: I am sorry that breakfast was not available before 6 am. As I mentioned to you when we talked we do have coffee available 24 hrs and we have improved our breakfast service to accommodate early risers like yourself. I am sure you will see a difference when you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 20, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Lebanon Church Road West Mifflin Pa 15236 from 1/19 to 1/20 and were tempted to not stay there because of the bad reviews on line. We decided to stay there and were not surprised by the high quality of the room we stayed in. Everything was clean and neat and in good repair and the clerk was very helpful. When you have options, why stay where you are dissatisfied??? All we needed was a bedroom and clean sheets for a night and we got that and more. Speak to the manager about problems as we did regarding the evaluations etc. and then stay or go.....Someone is slandering the Comfort Inn in West Mifflin Pa unnecessarily we think.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I'm not sure why most of the reviews for this hotel are so horrible. I travel constantly for work and I've stayed here several times, and I've been satisfied every time. Maybe other travelers have a higher expectation for a Comfort Inn, but it's exactly what I've come to expect from the chain. There's absolutely nothing fancy and it's not The Ritz, but the rooms are always clean and comfortable. The staff has always been courteous and helpful as well. There's not much right by the hotel, but a mile down the road or so there are restaurants and such.

I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone traveling light and staying for a day or two, certainly not as a family vacation spot though.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Zoidberg25
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I was in town for a conference with a couple of my colleagues. We booked this hotel because it was cheaper than staying in downtown Pittsburgh and we only needed it for one night.

Right before we arrived, a bad storm went through the area and the power was off. That was understandable; many areas had no power, so we couldn't get upset at the hotel for that. However, they had no emergency lights or even a back-up generator... we needed somewhere to change for an evening social and when we asked the front desk lady where the bathrooms were, she couldn't tell us. She thought* they were downstairs, but wasn't sure which end of the hallway the stairs were located. She did offer a flashlight though, and we eventually found our way downstairs to the restrooms and changed in the dark.

We left for the social and came back about 3 hours later and the power was still off. We asked the same front desk lady if she knew when it would be back on and couldn't provide an answer, so we canceled our reservation. However, since we still needed a place to stay, we asked if she could recommend another hotel or direct us in the right area but she didn't even know where the hotels were -- there was also no phonebook to look for places to stay.

Although I can't vouch for cleanliness of the hotel, I can say that the lady we dealt with was very rude and didn't seem to know her way around the area. I know you can't predict when a storm will knock out power, but there are other ways of addressing the problem and speaking with guests than being rude and un-knowledgeable.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Mifflin
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/West Mifflin
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - West Mifflin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Mifflin
SpringHill Suites West Mifflin
Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh - Munhall
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!