We have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express several times on our way to and from seeing our son in school out East. We have had such good experiences that we try to stay here if we can.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming - even one night when we arrived at 1 a.m. There is always a bowl of fruit on the counter and usually a bowl of snacks as well. We have also been offered soft drinks or water by the receptionist.
The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. Probably the one of the best night's sleep that we have had in an hotel. The shower head is nice and powerful. There are cookies in the room as well as a coffee maker and a fridge
The complimentary breakfast is very adequate. Cereal, bagels, waffles etc. as well as cinnamon rolls. Plenty of fresh fruit and yoghurt. There is also a hot buffet; last time we were there it was bacon, corned beef hash and cheese omelettes. Obviously also coffee, tea, milk and juice. In the dining room there is a selection of books and magazines.
What is also nice is that they have snacks of an evening. Nothing fancy but filling if you want something light. When we were there it was italian wedding soup and then there were frozen snacks such as hot pockets that you could heat in the microwave. There were also ice cream snacks in the feeezer. During the week there is apparently a managers reception with wine, I beleive but we have never been at the hotel at that time.
There is a very nice sitting area outside as well as a very pretty garden with a pool and a little putt- putt golf - it is very small, maybe only a couple of holes but it would amuse young children.
As I understand it the Holiday Inns are a franchise and the owner of this one is certainly trying hard to give good value. I would certainly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Sharon / Hermitage, PA is a recipient of the prestigious 'Torchbearer' Award from IHG Hotels for 2008. This makes 4 years of outstanding customer service recognized by IHG Hotels. The HI Express and Suites in Sharon/Hermitage, PA is only 25 minutes from the Youngstown Regional Airport. Our hotel is conveniently located to Shenango Valley Mall, Prime Outlets in Grove City, Amish Country and right next door to beautiful Tam O' Shanter Golf Course.Our hotel features: associate empowerment training for total guest satisfaction, themed spa suites, Presidential suites with fireplaces, soaking tubs, family suites and romance suites complete with heart-shaped tubs, two port high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms, kitchenettes, guest laundry, meeting rooms, tropical Indoor pool and spa, complimentary manager s party, complimentary Express Start breakfast and our famous value-added 'wow' service touches. Please book early and have your chance to experience an exceptional value, with top ranked services at a great price. We put a new meaning to price value in your hotel stay so be smart with the leaders in the Holiday Inn Express and Suites brand. Please Note: Pool is for registered guests only. No pool or guest room parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage Hotel West Middlesex
- Holiday Inn West Middlesex
- Holiday Inn Express Hermitage
- West Middlesex Holiday Inn