“My home away from home”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in West Middlesex
san francisco, ca
“My home away from home”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

This spring I spent over 30 days in the Sharon area, helping my mother manage a life transition. I used this hotel as my home base, a place where I could use the high-speed internet, make phone calls on my mother's behalf, unwind, have a leisurely breakfast, meet friends, interview caregivers, etc. This hotel was in every way comfortable, clean, friendly and a good value for money; furthermore it was loaded with in-room amenities like a soaking tub, a microwave, complimentary popcorn, small fridge, cookies, etc. The hotel also offered a complimentary breakfast buffet, evening snacks, ample parking, a pool, a computer with printer which I used several times, and a fitness center as well. I highly recommend this property & and its excellent staff!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank gvanh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ohio
Reviewed June 2, 2010

This hotel is perfect for anyone traveling to this area. We were traveling to shop at the Grove City Outlet Mall. The mall is approximately 15-20 minutes from this hotel but it is an easy drive. Staff was very courteous and attentive. When we checked in they offered us a bottle of water or pop.

The room was clean and comfortable. There were cookies in the room and a bag of popcorn in the microwave.

The pool area is nice and they have a beautifully landscaped patio area with 3 putting greens.

During the afternoons the manager was offering root beer floats and had a basket filled with bags of potato chips. Breakfast was adequate with a hot selection as well as fruit, etc..

For a Holiday Inn Express, they go out of their way to ensure you have an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
Reviewed April 16, 2010

After a 6 hour drive all of the way from South Jersey, we checked into the hotel around 9:00pm and were immediately greeted by the friendly staff in the hotel lobby. Our room was very nice, very big!, clean and organized.. The hotel serves free breakfast in the morning which was quite nice. The hotel features a very nice dining room for breakfast, an indoor pool, and a very nice outdoor patio. There is also a golf course about a mile up the street.. All of the staff were very nice and friendly... The Hotel is located just north of West Middlesex, right off route 80 which turned out fantastic for us.. There really isn't a whole lot of restaurants or attractions in short distance from the hotel (the hotel is a little off the "beaten path") most of the restaurants and stores are a few miles north in Hermitage.. Overall, Holiday Inn Sharon/Hermitage was a great place, probably one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in for the price. I would definitely return anytime!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My family and I were on a shopping trip to Grove City, PA on the Easter weekend, and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express West Middlesex. It's actually in Sharon/Hermitage, a couple of small towns about 20 minutes from the Grove City Outlets. We picked this hotel to be close to but not next to the Outlets.

No regrets.

We walked in through the front door and were greeted like long lost friends by the front desk personnel. They were the most friendly front desk personnel we have ever come across in a North American hotel. They offered us drinks while we were checking in, explained all of the features of the hotel, right down to the very thoughtful and complimentary pot of soup in the dining room.

Our suite was sweet! There were complimentary cookies in a jar and even a complimentary bag of microwave popcorn sitting in ... well, the microwave.

The suite was well maintained, clean and very comfortable.

Location wise, it's off the I-80 but very quiet. It's about a five to 10-minute drive to some good local restaurants, along with Applebee's and Red Lobster. The hotel grounds are beautiful, with a small waterfall and fish pond.

All the thoughtful touches make this hotel a home away from home.

The only thing they could improve on? Offer wireless internet in the suites. Wired high-speed is complimentary but I could not get it to work on my laptop. I managed to connect in the dining room which had wireless, though.

All in all, a great hotel!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank udomeidouwedo
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2010

The process from beginning to end was flawless. We made our reservation online. Check in was fast and Renee was very attentive. At first I was a little disappointed with where our room was located but was quickly pleased to find out we were very close to the main level lounge, swimming pool etc. My only conplaint was that hosuekeeping knocked on the door at 8:30 am (we had a late night) which in turn woke my children a little too early. However this wouldn't have happened if we had used the Do Not Disturb sign provided. ALL STAFF were friendly and accomodating! We will return to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I just want to thank Holiday Inn for getting it right. This hotel has the most amazing customer service I have ever seen. I've stayed in higher priced hotels that have not come close to the service and cleanliness of this hotel. My husband and I stayed in the Spa Suite. What a lovely room! Amazing details, from the decor to the cookies awaiting you in your room. We can't wait to return and have another relaxing stay here. It was quiet and comfy. The hotel is the cleanest hotel I have ever seen! Not a piece of dust to be found. From the front desk staff to the housekeepers, they all went out of their way to make us feel special. You don't find that very often. I sincerely want to thank the staff here for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Hershey, PA
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We stayed here for one night for a family funeral in Hermitage along with several other family members. Everything about our stay was excellent. The friendly staff, exceptionally clean and quiet rooms and hotel and the hot breakfast. The staff was even thoughtful enough to provide us with a sympathy note and bag of snacks because they knew why we were in town. The weather was terrible with several inches of new snow, wind and cold, but the staff maintained the lots and walkways to prevent anyone from slipping or falling. The hot breakfast bar was great and our family members had an opportunity to spend some time together in a casual, well decorated and very clean dining room.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend this hotel to anyone. The best deal in this area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Royal Motel - Hermitage
#1 of 4 in Hermitage
Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City
Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage? Share your experiences!