All reviewscookieshot soupputting greenfront deskreading glasseshappy hourdining areapretzelsmini fridgeon wednesdayspancakesmotion sensortypical hieking suitebreakfast roomhard candylittle extras
Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

What a great stay, Dan at the front desk was unbelievably kind and helpful with getting us a room and setting us up with their rewards program. The location off the highway was perfect, the rooms were very nice and they had a very good breakfast. Glad we drove the extra hour on our road trip. Although we didn't use they have a beautiful outside sitting area and indoor pool. This is definitely one we'll stay at again if we pass through.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
expressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Dear Jeff,
We are so glad you found us! Thank you for sharing your experience and please keep our location in mind for future trips.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

This is the nicest HIE I have stayed at in a long time. I spent 3 nights here on business. Nice place that is well kept both inside and out. Friendly hosts that are always making sure your stay is 5 star. Keep up the great work.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
expressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
We are pleased that our hotel stood out in comparison to others you have visited. All of our associates strive to offer an exceptional experience. We hope that you business brings you our way again.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

It's rare to find such a gem, basically in the middle of nowhere. I would actually take a northern route next time from Chicago to NYC just to stay at this property. Below is a comprehensive list of pros & cons from my one day stay. My thanks to Susan H. and her team for an absolutely wonderful experience!

Pros:

- small issue with first room was resolved quickly and with an upgrade
- late night desk staff (Dan) was excellent, accommodating, and professional
- the property is immaculately maintained & landscaped
- the interior was so clean that I actually slept on the hotel sheets vs the ones I normally take with me. I felt that confident in the cleanliness
- breakfast was amazing. Saw options there I've never seen at a value based hotel. The lady working cleared our plates like a full service restaurant
- didn't use the pool but it was clean and didn't smell overly chlorinated
- my feet weren't black from walking barefoot on the carpets in room, which is something I NEVER do.
- towels felt of a higher quality than usual. Fluffy and soft
- nicely decorated. Even the "public" restroom by the pool felt like home

Cons:

- I DARE you to try and find some... other than the remote nature of the area. I didn't explore much further than a 1/2 mile up the road but there weren't any restaurants nearby. Which may also add to the charm of this location... not a ton of trucks going to a Truck stop or the traffic of a busier exit. I had the local Domino's delivered and it was great. I'm sure there are other options but I was just too tired to take a chance.

Room Tip: The family suite was great. There's really no noise on any side of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Maxwell,
We are so glad that you and family found us! We do receive a lot of traffic from those travelling from Chicago to the east coast. Our location is convenient to I-80 and guests enjoy the nearby restaurants, wineries and breweries, shopping, chocolate factories, and the Amish countryside. Thank you for acknowledging our associates' efforts. We appreciate your post and we hope to welcome your family back to our hotel.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

What a great surprise. Not expecting much but this was one of the best hotels I have visited. The room was spacious and spotless. Friendly staff and a lovely water feature. Felt like a nice resort. Plentiful snacks and free breakfast was a delight with many offerings and the hot items being replenished regularly. The wipes next to the phones say it all...great attention to detail and abundant concern for their guests. A definite winner!!

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the water feature
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
expressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your impressions of our hotel. Our associates strive to offer an exceptional hotel experience and we are pleased that we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your post and hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

Disclaimer - I am a Holiday Inn rewards member. After spending the day driving I was incredibly surprised when we checked into the Holiday Inn express. When I checked the website they did not have availability, but we decided to ask the front desk. I'm glad we did. They had 2 rooms left. I wanted to use my reward points - after a short call to their central customer service they accomodated my request. The rate they quoted me if I was paying for the room was reasonable - so my to my delight when I entered our room and it turned out to be a suite. In was an African safari themed room, complete with a swimming pool - it was actually an oversized jacuzzi, but could have passed for a pool in NYC. The breakfast was better than average - and unlike some other chains - the coffee was worth waking up for. Overall it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for the handicap accessible room if they are the last ones available.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seat3D
expressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Dear IHG Rewards Club Guest,
We are so glad you stopped in! You were upgraded to one of our themed spa suites. What a treat to stretch out and relax in a oversized whirlpool tub. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you will keep our location in mind for your next trip.