This hotel is so different that you start to wonder if you are really in a Holiday Inn chain. It is a big step up in luxury in the halls and other public areas with attention to detail in the rooms. We stayed here twice within 9 days. We have never seen a Holiday Inn like this before and most likely we never will.
We are not sure what made the owner spend extra money on halls with nicely framed pictures, beautiful carpets, plants. Not to mention the amazing large waterfall with stone work outside at the back of the hotel. This area also includes miniature golf, gazebo, patio, benches and statues. Nice place to sit down for a snack and listen to the waterfall. .
Right at the arrival they offer you a drink, nice touch. I could continue with a description, but I would just be repeating what other reviews with 4-5 stars ratings are saying. I basically agree with those comments.
We always read negative reviews too, since sometimes they might have some merit. Not in this case. They are just personal issues. The only small glitch might be the AC- Heater unit, which could not be switched off; it runs continuously, so you have to choose between heat and AC. But it could be physically unplugged by locating the AC cord at the floor level. This was in King Suite room.
The other complaints were about finding this place. This hotel is worth the detour from Hwy 79. It takes about 15 minutes on Hwy 80 and then a short distance on Hwy 18 N. Be prepared to make a quick 180 degree sharp right turn to Spangler Rd. leading to the hotel, which is visible at that point on the hill. For some reason our GPS (Garmin) was confused about this area in general. On one occasion when coming back to the hotel from Hermitage, it took us on Hwy 80 in the direction of Mercer.
I believe that this is most likely the only Holiday Inn Express I will ever give a 5 star rating.
(We have visited 350 cities, 53 countries).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Sharon / Hermitage, PA is a recipient of the prestigious 'Torchbearer' Award from IHG Hotels for 2008. This makes 4 years of outstanding customer service recognized by IHG Hotels. The HI Express and Suites in Sharon/Hermitage, PA is only 25 minutes from the Youngstown Regional Airport. Our hotel is conveniently located to Shenango Valley Mall, Prime Outlets in Grove City, Amish Country and right next door to beautiful Tam O' Shanter Golf Course.Our hotel features: associate empowerment training for total guest satisfaction, themed spa suites, Presidential suites with fireplaces, soaking tubs, family suites and romance suites complete with heart-shaped tubs, two port high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms, kitchenettes, guest laundry, meeting rooms, tropical Indoor pool and spa, complimentary manager s party, complimentary Express Start breakfast and our famous value-added 'wow' service touches. Please book early and have your chance to experience an exceptional value, with top ranked services at a great price. We put a new meaning to price value in your hotel stay so be smart with the leaders in the Holiday Inn Express and Suites brand. Please Note: Pool is for registered guests only. No pool or guest room parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage Hotel West Middlesex
- Holiday Inn West Middlesex
- Holiday Inn Express Hermitage
- West Middlesex Holiday Inn