“Wonderful Snacks and Friendly People!”

Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in West Middlesex
Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we arrived here for a business trip, we were greeted by two very friendly employees at the front desk. They offered us a beverage immediately, and had cookies, popcorn, snacks and ice cream available at the front reception area. Later that night they had mixed drinks for a quarter! The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable.Breakfast was great, pancakes and eggs as well as cold cereal, pastries, and bagles. The only down side was that we could hear people in the room next to us and above us in the early morning, and the road to the hotel is a little hard to find in the dark if you are coming from the opposite way where you do not see the hotel first.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The rest should take a lesson from these people. So nice, top shelve drinks for 25 cents with free snacks. room fantastic. Very friendly and welcome. It sits on a hill of the highway a 1/4 mile hard to see entrance, but glad I stayed. Was on a fast moving trip and did not use pool, but the rest of the place is fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2013

For the last 5 months I have had to stay at this HIE on multiple occasions as I work at the local hospitals for my employer in a traveling position. The staff is kind and helpful, they make me feel right at home. At times I come home to the HIE from work at very late hours and the staff makes sure that they offer me a beverage and a snack. They are kind beyond words. May room is always clean and spacious. Breakfast is great. Wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: upgrade your room to a suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been a platinum member for 7 years now so I know what is good...this place was great. The staff was exceptional...the room was incredible...the extras were exceptional. The wifi was the best I've ever seen. IHG...take a note...whatever you're paying the people here...pay them more. I'm coming back with my daughter and her friend in a month. I usually have something that wasn't great to report...not here.

Room Tip: We stayed in a first floor king suite...room 104.....easy view to the pool. All the suites have fri...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a reservation and being a business travler,things changed and I had to go somewhere else to a customer. Their cancellation policy is 24 hours. I could not get any consideration for the change of plans and was charged for the room anyway as a no show. IHG corp. is of no help or value,as they always say its at the discretion of the hotel as its a franchise. It's Holiday Inn's name on the hotel not the owner! McDonalds and such have Corp. policies in place for ALL their franchise's. I never have this problem at any Hilton properties and will now stay at the brand new Hampton Inn right down the street.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Doug D
expressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Platinum Priority Club Member,
I am sorry that you feel as if we did not treat you well. However, cancellation policies are offered at the time of reservation. If our policy did not meet your particular travel needs, you should not have confirmed the room. As a business person, I assume that your company has policies best suited for your business. That is all we have done here. Hotels in different markets have different challenges. Even a McDonald's restaurant has local and regional needs.
Our staff appreciates the business of Platinum Priority Club members but member benefits do not include exemption from cancellation policies.
The goal of our Award-Winning hotel is to provide a superior guest experience. We hope that you will consider us in the future so that you too can enjoy our quality product and service. We would certainly welcome you to our facility.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband had booked this hotel for a business trip and I tagged along with him. Because he has Platinum status with Holiday Inn we were upgraded to the Venetian Suite. What an amazing room! We had a full sitting room with a pull out sofa, a separate room with a comfortable king bed, and another room with a huge Jacuzzi tub. I was amazed at the luxury. There was a TV in each area, (3 in total) and a nice size desk for working at. The room included a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The bathroom had a huge counter, a magnifying mirror for shaving or make-up, and the tub was massive! An added touch was the motion sensor in the bathroom that turned on soft under cabinet lighting when you entered the room at night.
The entire hotel was spotless and the staff were so polite and welcoming. Snacks were provided free of charge on arrival. On the evening we were there, there was complimentary food in the lounge. In the morning the complimentary breakfast had everything you could ask for, including fresh fruit, eggs, pancakes, muffins, bagels, cereal, and yogurt.
As an added bonus, the hotel is located only 20 minutes away from the Grove City Outlet Mall. I was sorry we were only staying for one night! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Staying in the area to visit aunt in Greenville. What an EXCELLENT Holiday Inn Express!! Staff was professional in dress and conduct while being very friendly. Well appointed rooms, absolutely spotless, breakfast outstanding - even had hot soup for those arriving late afternoon or evening. Maintenance staff visible and very professional - and very quick to respond to a minor correction in our room (10 minutes to identify and repair). Without a doubt, the best HIE we've stayed in and would not hesitate to stay again. Thanks to superior staff!

Room Tip: I cannot imagine that every room would be any less than an excellent choice!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle
Quality Inn Hermitage
Quality Inn Hermitage
#2 of 4 in Hermitage

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage? Share your experiences!