“A dining experience with atmosphere”

Austin's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in West Lawn
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I so appreciate having a place to go that is aware of the atmosphere. Austin's creates a nourishing place, think private date, honoring the process of pausing and enjoying your food with cloth napkins, nice silverware and individual table lights (even with a menu that caters to families). The artwork set this place apart from others!!! Beautiful energetic food art that is subtly evocative of the ripeness of the eating experience.

I had a Thai beef salad that I enjoyed with a glass of wine - yum! I will be hard pressed to order something else on my next visit as the blend of flavors in this dish was a treat.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Visited with 3 of my good friends. We were able to have a nice conversation without too much background noise that you sometimes have in restaurants. The food was excellent.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a quality meal, Austin's is the place to go. It's in the upper-end of the spectrum for taste and service. It can be pricey, but it's worth it.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Austin's is an incredible establishment. Great food, great atmosphere, great service. It's techincally a chain, but a very small one. Their Reading location (their actual address is W Lawn, PA) is the only location with the Austin's name. Their other locations (Langhorne, PA, Lancaster, PA and Christiana, DE) are called JB Dawson's. I don't know why, but they are. They're all the same thing though. I love the lighting inside of Austin's. Some people think it's too dark, I think it's just right. I hate bright lighting to begin with (much like a gremlin). The food is all very good. I love the crab cakes, the crab alfredo pasta, the chicken florentine pasta, the burgers, the "Texas tenders" (chicken fingers)...I could go on and on, EVERYTHING is very good. I go to Ausin's almost every Friday night and eat at the bar. The ladies behind the bar on a Friday night make EXCELLENT drinks (I love the cosmos and apple martinis made by Tanya) and are EXCELLENT food servers. Going to the bar at Ausin's is almost like going to Cheer's, everybody knows your name! I'm not sure if they have happy hour every night, but they definitely do on Friday nights from 5-7 with good discounts on appetizers and certain drinks. Some people seem to think this place is very expensive. It is a little pricey for around here I guess, but I don't think it's outrageous. The parking lot can get very full at Austin's, it's not a very large lot, but it's not usually too hard to find a space. The place opened in 1996, so the interior could use a little updating, but it's certainly not worn out and tired and falling apart. It's not like it deserves to be on an episode of RESTAURANT IMPOSSIBLE or something. I think the interior is very nice, very well-kept. They also have nice decorations at Christmas time, both inside and outside of the building. I would recommend Austin's for any kind of event where you want to go to a nicer restaurant but someplaces that's still casual and not stuffy. I definitely give Austin's my endorsement.

1  Thank Albanynyer84
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Of course, this is not all they serve, but I absolutely love their filet! It is seriously the best in town!!! On Sunday's kids eat free. You really can't beat that. My favorite meal is the filet oscar. I have never had any complaints on anything I have eaten here. It is a little pricy, but totally worth the money!