“Bar and Grill an outstanding feature”

Top of the 80's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 26 Restaurants in West Hazleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was our first trip to a hotel on the mountain side in West Hazelton, PA and discovered this Gem of a Restaurant with a Bar and Grill attached. Our experience was top rate . The Bar served a special menu of selections apart from the main restaurant and my wife and I ordered a Club Turkey Sandwich along with our drinks. It was a large sandwich with real fresh Turkey and other ingredients and the taste was the best I had ever experienced. Brian the Bar Tender was a very pleasant and his bar was clean, neat and well organized. He greeted all his customers with a smile and a desire to serve every need. The view of the Mountains from the Bar is spectacular. On the same premises is The Hampton Inn which I also recommend, see my review of this.

1  Thank BERT S

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stopped on our way home from Florida. Food was very good, best prime roast I have had in a long time, my wife's salmon also well prepared. Appetizers and dessert very good. Good wine selection by the glass. Tremendous view across a beautiful valley at supper time.

Decor is old, service was ok tho inexperienced but neither distracted from a lovely meal

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We were there 2 Christmases ago for a group party, after the chefs had been changed and were extremely disappointed! The prices are high, but the taste of what we got was a real
let down. What they have there is a great view, but unless the chef is again new and a whole lot
better than the person cooking about 3 years ago, forget it!

1  Thank harriet776
Reviewed January 29, 2014

An expensive restaurant should be remembered for the food - the view should be secondary! No sides offered except a soggy baked potatoe - salads are extra, vegetables are extra, gravy is extra - so basically for $30 you get meat and a soggy potatoe - the decor needs to be brought out of the 70's and lose the Piano player! Service was good - the wine list was horrible! You have a gold mind here, I strongly suggest you invest in a make-over and bring the food menu up to the same standard as that of the view!

2  Thank Betty934
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The view is spectacular with a cozy atmosphere. However pricey for the size of the portions served. The food we did get was very good, with the exception of my pasta which was overcooked. Would visit again for the view, but too expensive for smaller servings.