“OK for a one night stopover”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Hazleton
Ottawa, Canada
“OK for a one night stopover”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed here for a night on our way down south. We had a coupon from one of the free hotel coupon books that are available everywhere. That saved us about 50% off the cost of the stay. The hotel itself is fine. The room was big enough, and it had a fridge and microwave in the room which is nice. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are good, with an option of firm or soft pillow. There aren't many outlets in the room for electronics though.
The staff seemed very friendly and nice. They were accommodating and the check in process was very easy.
The restaurant on site served a free breakfast. It was ok but lacking in some ways. They gave you all the ingredients for a breakfast sandwich but didn't have any cheese.
The main downside is that the area seems really sketchy. When we arrived, there was lots of cops sitting at the gas station across the street. Apparently there was a robbery or something. Maybe it was a one-off, but it didn't make us feel very comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2014

570 455-9300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I were traveling from Upstate NY to SE NC mid-August with our 2 rescue dogs. We had made online reservations before departing, so we were pleasantly surprised to find such a pet and traveler friendly hotel with very reasonable pet fees. We travel alot with our dogs and have stayed at several pet friendly hotels, but this one is the BEST!!! We arrived around 9pm and was greeted at the front desk by a very warm and friendly staff member. When she handed us our 2 doggie gift bags, I was shocked! Never have we felt so welcome with our pets before. She even offered our choice of a 1st or 2nd floor room. We usually are put on the ground level where there's sometimes noise from above. Our room was very spacious, extremely clean, with a bed that was very comfy, microwave and fridge, and nice flat screened TV. The next morning, we enjoyed a delicious complimentary hot breakfast in the atrium room that overlooked a beautifully landscaped garden. They also have a very nice pet walk area. When we checked out, I asked to speak to the manager, Jeaninne, because we wanted to personally thank her for the "goodie bags," attention to detail, and compliment her on her friendly and competent staff. It was a pleasure to stay at this location, and you can best bet it won't be our last.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We know that our four legged friends can become stress just like us so I hope that the items in the gift bag helped calm him down so next time you travel through the area, he can steer you here.

Terrell, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

When traveling with a puppy it is sometimes difficult to find a place that is clean that will accept pets. This is a great one night stop, even if you don't have a puppy. The location is convenient to the interstate. The room was very clean, but nothing fancy. Our puppy was welcomed with a gift bag that included a bowl, blanket, kong ball, treat and business bags. The treat bag was worth more than the pet fee. The staff was welcoming and kind. We were able to get a better rate using an online booking. Since this was just a one night stop over we did not use the pool. We did order chicken wings from the restaurant and they were good, but we did not take advantage of the breakfast buffet. There were not a lot of restaurant choices at this stop, but we were not looking for a nice sit down meal at this stop so the hotel restaurant was sufficient.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We are also happy that the puppy enjoyed his gifts as well. Dogs too can get stressed out during trips just like us humans so the items in the bag are meant to try and calm them as well.

Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you and the puppy in the future.

Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved my stay! Pretty grounds, nice room , clean, very good breakfast , friendly staff, and to my surprise a restaurant and lounge. A first for me at a comfort inn. I didn't order dinner, but glanced at the menu and it seemed pretty reasonable. The best part was the minimal pet price of $10.00 for my dog Cooper and he got an awesome welcome goodie bag! Blanket, bone, poopy bags, a night light for his collar, a ball and a new water bowl!! Great touch! Also a first for me! Very nice area too!!

Stayed July 2014
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014

Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'm going to round this up to four from three because of the staff. My first inclination was lower, but I based it more on the rates, which were partially my fault.

When I'm driving long distances, enough to split it into segments, which I use to do a lot, but not so much lately, I don't like pre-booking my room. I can't predict traffic, weather, construction, how tired I will get etc. By not pre-booking you can get caught sometimes by the unexpected. We have been "caught for example near Williamsport, PA by the Little League World Series. So we tend to avoid that area even though it was "early for the event". Driving a little further this time we were caught by several conventions in the area. The check-in staff, a dynamic ONE Person was skillfully handling a busy desk and had informed us that he had called around, and while he only had two rooms left, a handicap and a smoking, others nearby appeared to be full. Due to the capacity NONE of my various "budget minded" discount options seemed to apply, either because of capacity level or the 4th of July "holiday".

Getting past the excessively high rate, and not getting any help with discounts I still felt should have been valid, I took a room and settled in.

Room was clean, option of firm or soft pillows was nice. Air conditioning worked great. Small LCD TV worked well, except first few channels were snowy. Hallway noise was loud all the way up to midnight. Somewhat expected in a full hotel, not sure why people have to be so inconsiderate.

Piece broken on shower head holder, bathroom door squeaked. Front desk was receptive to note issue for maintenance. Sometimes a hotel gets blamed for minor issues because NO ONE reports them, although both of these should have been notable by the cleaning staff.

Breakfast was good, area had good flow and seating. Clearly it's a breakfast bar, not service, but had hot eggs/sausage just the size to add to a biscuit. Staff there was friendly and seemed to keep the area stocked.

Uses a restaurant area that is a bar/dinner/dancing in the evenings. Restaurant for dinner was okay. Excellent value, didn't have to leave the building, but food was marginal. Drinks were cold and again, VERY inexpensive, so clearly subsidized by the hotel and good if you're road weary and not looking for anything "special".

Good location. 3 Miles SOUTH of I-80 / I-81 intersection on I-81. Little vague in some travel documents. Several nearby restaurants and gas stations.

Room Tip: No view from anywhere. Recommend upstairs, might be quieter away from the main lobby area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2014

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We saw other reviews and other photos and we weren't expecting much. Exterior and interior is a little outdated and a little worn down but everything we came in contact was clean which is all that matters.
Breakfast was included and was pretty much the same as other Comfort Inn breakfasts.

Hotel is really close to 81 which is nice.
We didn't try the restaurant that was in the hotel, but the bar looked fully stocked. There was a sign for karaoke on Saturday night. I slept through it, but my wife said she heard music while we were trying to sleep.
Not sure sure having a bar and karaoke at a hotel is the best idea cause people are tying to sleep. Like I said, I didn't have a problem, I am a heavy sleeper and my wife is a light sleeper.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014

Salt Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Very good,has a great restaurant and good food.great breakfast that is free and pet friendly,they give you a bag with goodies for the dog great staff room was spotless I would stay here again a little more expensive than most comfort inns

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hazleton
#3 of 8 in Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
#6 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!