“Rates too high for what you get? WOW?Way too High!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Hazleton
Garland, Texas
“Rates too high for what you get? WOW?Way too High!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Staff at front Desk not to friendly strictly all business! Lounge also not to friendly! Tried too order at 4:45 and Bar Maid said had to wait till 5:00? Never heard that before? Overall with all that they offer way too much!! Maybe 49.95 a night!

Room Tip: Make sure get a coupon from the rest areas or anywhere else you might find them! If you are going to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jimmy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I got married on April 10, 2012 and we hadnt planned on doing anything but we decided to stay in a hotel for that night and we went online and liked this one. I personally thought the price was too high for one night but my husband didn't mind because it was our wedding night. Anyways, it was very clean, one of the clerks was nice and I got a discount because I told her I worked in a local mcdonalds(which is true) and from $95 it went to about $80. I was very happy lol. &they also had free cookies :). I was scared because of all these reviews I've read but the room was sooooo clean! The bathroom was nice, the bed, the carpet smelled good. I guess I have good luck when it comes to hotels but I was so satisfied and we slept very well. &it check out was I think 11 or 12 and the breakfast was pretty good. I would definitley recommend this hotel!

Two things I didnt like, the juice at breakfast and I think the walls were too thin or the door because I checked to see if anyone would "hear us" and I told my husband to cough where the bed was and I heard it crystal clear. But oh well, hopefully we encouraged other couples there ;).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy A
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was a tad nervous to stop here on my way home from Atlanta, after reading some of the reviews here. Boy am I glad that we DID! There wasnt much room in the lot, and we were afraid that we wouldnt be able to get a room! Lucky for us they had a few left!
I was so glad that there was a covered walk way into the hotel (it was pouring) and the sides were even encased in some kind of plexi glass. The lobby was way to beige for our taste and the desk kind of looked like it was from the 80's! But thats a matter of taste I suppose!
The desk staff was so nice! The two girls that were on when we checked in were so pleasant. They were in such good moods, and considering how busy they were I cant say that I would have been. They were quick at checking us in and were helping eachother. Nice Teamwork! We stopped at the desk later to get an extra laundry bag and ended up chatting with them!
The room we had was alright....very clean and everything was comfortable, just a little bland as far as decor goes. The rooms could use a make over...but I cant complain with a clean, quiet room with a fridge in it (at no extra cost...lots of hotels I stay in charge for them).
We had dinner in the restaurant they had in the hotel. It was nice to have a place to grab a bite and a drink after a really long trip. The food was really good...very surprising for a hotel restaurant. (And it wasnt a chain) It wasnt overly expensive either. That is ALWAYS a plus! The staff in there was very nice too!
Breakfast was pretty good too! Not just coffee and a muffin! They have plain and strawberry waffles, fruits, yogurt even sausage pattties ontop of the normal cereals and stuff! I will say that the "egg patties" are gross though! Very spongey...you can tell they are from a frozen packet. Other than that breakfast was great. The woman who was the attendant (I'm guessing)
This hotel does that check out where they slide the bill under the door, which is nice. When I went to drop off the keys in the morning, I wanted to ask the woman at the desk some directions but she seemed a little too busy talking on her cell phone. We were a little surprised by that...considering the night before the young ladies at the desk were so attentive. So I just left they keys.
Overall it was a nice stay. Check in was great, the rooms bland but very clean, food was good, breakfast was nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lulu b
jenina1129, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Good Morning,
Could you please tell me the date you stayed with us and possibly provide a description of the clerk who was on her cell phone when you were trying to check out so I can take this matter further? I apologize for that treatment, everything that desk clerk was doing SHOULD HAVE stopped when you approached the desk, that is not the kind of treatment I want my guests to have so if you could provide any further information I would greatly appreciate it. I hope you have a great day! 
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The first unfortunate experience in a Comfort Inn. It was raining and there was no canopy to be able to go inside to register or to stay dry when bringing in our luggage. The front desk clerk was not rude but not exactly warm and welcoming. Perhaps she was shorthanded? The toilet didn't work. The walls were paper thin and we could hear the people in the next room talking and they were not being loud. Same for the hallway. The water was lukewarm for the shower. The hallway had an off smell and even though there were units running to filter the air. The units sounded rather like airplanes....loud.
On the positive side, the room appeared clean. The mattresses were comfortable.
There were very few options for dinner in the area, unless you like Arby's, Friendly's, or Taco Bells or the like. We ate at a grubby Pizza Hut down the road a mile. The staff there were really friendly and helpful but the building was icky

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank happyinvt
Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Friendly desk staff provided good directions. The room was very clean with a fridge and microwave. Would stay agian when in West Hazleton. Free WiFi was a bonus.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Calais
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We enjoyed previous stays at this motel, but our most recent stay was dreadful. The breakfast room was filthy, lights were burned out in our room - including in the bathroom, and the overall impression was shabby.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BPSRCalais
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We've stayed here before and enjoyed it, however on this last visit, we surely did not. The main problem was the neighbors we were put next to. I'm pretty sure they were long term residents, probably from the college that's nearby. Anyhow, they were annoying- we called down to the front desk and the situation was resolved for the most part. So that's a credit to the front desk staff who were helpful at all times.

Probably worse than that,though, was the bathroom in our room. Seems the housekeepers didn't want to remove the used soap with the hair on it either, since there it was when we got there. Not to mention the toilet was clogged. Again, they were attentive and fixed it, but overall, this visit left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
#3 of 8 in Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
Ramada Hazleton
#6 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!