“We Bring People Here”

Corner Cafe
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in West Grove
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“We Bring People Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

In my mind I gave CC a positive review months ago. So, this is overdo.

It is our favorite place for breakfast, even in the middle of the afternoon.

Other favorites include Caesar Salad with chicken, turkey chili, and their wraps.

Coffee is good here. Kathy and Jessi and Benji are terrific for service. We avoid standard lunchtime and late mornings on Sunday.

My wife and I, our friends and family, have never had a bad anything here. I know I tend to mark a little lower than most reviewers, but for anything basic, Corner Cafe is the best place around.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Dean1900

West Grove
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Tiny"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The shop is tiny and hard to visit with kids. The food was ok diner food - the service was good. I really liked the hawaiian sweet bread - but I thought certain things on the menu were a bit pricey.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank John F
Newark, Delaware
“Great place for breakfast or lunch with a friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Corner cafe has consistently delicious food. Try the Manoa Chicken Salad to taste Hawaii. Try the Crab omelet; it's full of crab and large.
The coffee here is wonderful, too.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank pinkglow7
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“It's pricey for a little cafe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Tried this little place for the second time today, a "holiday" so it was treated like a weekend day in terms of pricing. No specials offered. The "specials" prices are reasonable, however, 5.99 for a bowl of oatmeal is crazy which is the normal price. I think it's stretching it to use MLK day as a holiday as most businesses are open (except govt and banking). Both times we visited, we were seated in the hallway leading to the kitchen/bathroom, that's where the tables for two are located. I really don't like sitting in the hallway and the table for two is very cramped against the wall to keep out of the traffic area. We were not asked if it was ok, just seated and shame on us for accepting it knowing it's uncomfortable. They'd do better with a counter with some seats than these tables for two.
Spouse ordered two eggs over medium, he was served scrambled eggs. The order was corrected quickly - I did notice that the scrambled eggs looked nice and fluffy, not the flat type you so often get in restaurants. The bread choices are the typical, white, wheat or rye, the white toast is really large slices - not the little tiny slices most restaurants serve. I had the short stack (2) pancakes and they were - well pancakes. Perkins pancakes are much much better - lighter - and I like the variety of syrup Perkins offers.
Coffee was refreshed frequently and service was fine.
I think we may visit again during the week when the specials are offered, otherwise the prices are way out of line. Surprisingly so.

• Visited January 2013
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Cute little corner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have eaten here many times with people from work. We absolutely love their chili soup. They serve breakfast all day, very nice menu option. I love their cafe combo deal (always upgrade to their chili soup for 50 cents more). Very good homecooked food.

Visited November 2012