This would be a decent hotel except for uncaring management with no sensitivity. I don't mean the service staff, who were all nice. First let me explain that I am from the area. My elderly parent booked two adjoining rooms. He has always stayed at this property through the years when making a visit to the area (he lives out of state). Sadly, this time he came to town to be evaluated for serious illness at a nearby hospital. The rooms were needed for longer than was anticipated due to the ongoing evaluation. Unfortunately, the U.S. Open was coming to town and my parent was informed that the rooms were needed. He offered to give up one room (where a family member stayed each night because he could not be left alone). He was told this would not help. We were referred to the general manager, who I believe is sorely in need of training in customer relations. He threatened to have my parent evicted by the police if he did not vacate the rooms. Now, my father is 85 years old, uses portable oxygen, and looks like the wind could blow him over. If the general manager had bothered to stop by the room to discuss the situation (as my parent requested), he would have seen this. His threat to call the police was totally unneccessary, uncalled for (my father never made any threatening remarks), not to mention downright mean. I understand that the hotel was in a difficult position, but the general manager also made no offer to find my parent alternate accomodation (granted, this would have been challenging given the demand for rooms because of the U.S. Open, but a little effort would have at least demonstrated some care and concern). Apparently, the general manager's only priority was the large number of guests who would soon be checking in for the golf tournament. Clearly, there was a way to handle this situation with a little more kindness and sensitivity. I believe that the way that a hotel responds to challenging situations is an opportunity to establish customer loyalty. Marriott really failed here. A little kindness and effort to problem solve would have gone a long way towards smoothing things out. I am disappointed at Marriott's response and won't be recommending this property to friends and family who are coming to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Philadelphia Marriott West is a full-service hotel in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania located between downtown Philadelphia and the airport, featuring wedding sites, meeting facilities, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Philadelphia Marriott West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philadelphia Marriott West Hotel West Conshohocken
- Marriott Hotel West Conshohocken
- Marriott West Conshohocken
- West Conshohocken Marriott