“Good value for a Marriott.”

Philadelphia Marriott West
Macomb, Michigan
“Good value for a Marriott.”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Decent room prices and nice amenities. Nice hotel. It would be nice if they would give free wifi, but it is $10 per day. The restaurant downstairs is nice and good food. Not a whole lot around the area, so that is important. I've stayed here a couple times and I've never had any complaints.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Haverford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a wedding and staff was very nice. The A/C is loud....enough to wake you up in the middle of the night. Free parking is a plus and the Philly soft pretzels are a nice treat. Don't stay here if you need/want to be near Philly- it's far from center city.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SMarcelli1023
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is generally speaking an expensive hotel. We had a pretty good deal on it due to a group rate. I am glad that I did not pay the going rate since it was not much better than a less expensive hotel. On the plus side they did offer donuts and pretzels and lemon water in the lobby. We did not have to pay for parking as the gate to the parking lot was up. It was very clean and nothing was amiss. But nothing really stood out about the hotel either. The front desk people were minimally friendly. The beds were comfortable, the air conditioner worked great, TV was a nice size. They did provide extra towels. On the down side I would not recommend eating in the restaurant. It was extremely expensive and not very tasty. The homemade chicken soup was more like a pepper soup. I can make a tastier cheese steak sandwich than what was served. Chips were good. We had a good night of rest and that, I guess, is what is most important.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
chicago
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The staff here are arrogant, to put it politely - except for the dining room, which does an OK job if you are not in a hurry for breakfast. If you are in a hurry, bite the dollar and get the buffet, but plan to eat a lot to get your money's worth. Dinner was great, but expensive by my standards.

The rooms here are OK, but the ventilation/A/C and heat system was awful in our room. The building engineer checked it, but it is the systems so nothing was done.

The bathroom floor was slippery with the least amount of dampness. My husband almost fell and strained himself to avoid falling. Housekeeping didn't even leave an extra roll of toilet paper or clean glasses for us - so that point was a failure at this supposedly swanky hotel with too much wedding business for its own good in providing customer service.

WiFi has a charge for use in the room, so pay attention. I didn't like needing to go to the lobby or business center for free use of internet. Parking in the garage here is also listed as costing $20 per day.

Access to the hotel, and getting out of it, are very tricky due to its location, so be careful if you arrive during peak traffic times.

Needless to say, I won't be choosing this hotel again on a future trip to Philadelphia area, and am not impressed with Marriott overall

Room Tip: If you sleep like a log and are not bothered by the noisy AC/heat system, then this may not bother y...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times in the past with no issues. It's a typical Marriott. But I recently stayed and the entire place is in service free fall. First, they missed my frequent stay number on my bill despite me giving it to them twice. They didn't email the last bill as they said they would. I ordered room service twice and both times the order was wrong. And finally, I called to have laundry done ... to which I got a response "we will be right up to get it". I left for work and got back that evening with the uncleaned laundry still sitting by the door. And when I called they had no plan to address. I'm done staying there.

Room Tip: go somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CPH
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Air condition unit is extremely noisy so expect to turn it off when in room. I had to change rooms as the air con was noisy even after turning off.

Rooms are no bad but nothing special either. They are somewhat worn and tired and could do with a refresh.

Bar & breakfast restaurant offered good choice, I particularly liked the omelet station in the mornings.

• Stayed May 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here on a Friday night using a free night certificate. Check-in was a breeze the lobby looked a little hectic with a sports team in the process of checking in but a staff member saw me walk in and helpfully steered me right over to an available front desk staff member. Worth noting that they had free internet and parking for me, I'm not sure if it was because it was the weekend or because I am Gold. I think it's for everyone as the key jacket had a sticker indicating this. Self-parking is usually $20 and that is GREAT they don't charge non-buisness guests on the weekend, same with internet! There are several restaurants just over the river in Conshy, about a 10 minute walk or a 2 minute drive.

The property doesn't have a huge footprint like some Marriotts, but has 17 floors. They have some ballrooms, and the lobby looks recently renovated. They even had some pretzels out in the afternoon/evening and donuts in the morning, another nice little touch. Shula's 347 Grill closed recently and has been replaced with a sports bar which was pricy($15 for a burger no thanks). There were only 3 elevators for 17 floors and at times it took awhile. However the layout of the floors has them in the center of the tower with rooms surrounding the elevator core instead of long hallways.

We were put on the concierge level/top floor(17) which I appreciate. Our room was pretty standard sized. Worth noting that we had a single-serve Keurig machine in our room and were provided with 3 Kcups and 2 bottles of water in the fridge, all included. That was nice to see! Not sure if that's a top floor thing or hotel-wide. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We had a nice view of the usual traffic in Conshy headed to/from I-76 but we were high up enough to not hear any noise.

This is a nice hotel but just went up to rewards cat 5 so you can't use a standard cat 1-4 reward certicate here anymore which is disapointing. But if you are looking for a nice place to stay, this Marriott fits the bill just fine and depending on the dates, could be a LOT cheaper than staying in Center City.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Conshohocken
Residence Inn Philadelphia Conshohocken
Radnor Hotel
Radnor Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wayne
Courtyard Philadelphia Devon
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
Hampton Inn Plymouth Meeting
#2 of 6 in Plymouth Meeting
Best Western Plus The Inn at King of Prussia
Best Western Plus The Inn at Kin...
#2 of 16 in King of Prussia

Been to Philadelphia Marriott West? Share your experiences!