“Friendly service. Typical of brand. Good stay”

Philadelphia Marriott West
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 9 nights on a work trip. Staff were friendly and generally a pleasant stay. I only didn't give it a 5 as a few bits are starting to look tired - elevators, corridors and bathrooms. Apart from that I'd say highly recommended.

For us "Brits" who like public transport, Conshohocken station is nearby and only takes 25mins to central philadelphia.

Conshohocken has great bars and restaurants for those who don't want to be stuck in the hotel. Reception will give you a useful map

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I just checked out after a two night stay. Since I was traveling for business, this hotel was selected for it's proximity to the business park. The hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. There's a bar/restaurant (Legends) that's just fine for breakfast or evening drinks. In addition the small sundry shop in the hotel, there is also a WaWa directly across the street. Several dinner places within easy walking distance - Gypsy was good. We were told when we checked in they were completely booked, but the level of service did not suffer. No complaints at all and I'd definitely stay here again if in the area.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was in Conshohocken for 6 nights for a series of business meetings. I arrived very late after a transatlantic flight and appreciated the rapid and efficient check-in.

My room was clean and, while small, was perfectly adequate for my needs. I particularly welcomed the choice of pillows - soft pillows are my favourite.

The bar / restaurant was OK without being special but there a couple of good restaurants nearby.

Would I stay there again? Yes, definitely.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was not up to the standards I expect from a full-service Marriott, let alone the more value-priced brands. Room was small, cramped, dark & a little shabby, although clean. Hotel could use some renovation. Elevators made odd noises & worried me, but they did get me to where I was going. Marriott could and can do better than this.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel is situated overlooking a river, on the corner of the main drag in West Conshohocken. The staff is very friendly - check-in is a breeze - they have your name on a list and a key ready for you when you walk in the door. They also have a bottle of water out and hand it to you as you take your key - very nice when you first check-in. They are also good about room upgrades for frequent guests.

Luigi tends the lounge in the evening and does a great job - greeting every guest who comes in. He does a number of things, including movie nights to help guests interact and linger in the lounge - great job - unlike anything else I have seen at other properties.

Morning service at the lounge is fair - for some reason they insist on putting the spoons out so that you have to grab it by the part that goes in your mouth - gross! I don't want everyone touch what I will eat with before I get there. I have commented to the front-desk - but nothing has changed. I often eat elsewhere because of the spoon situation.

The beds are very firm as others have noted, not sure why, but they are. Overall not bad - definitely better than staying downtown.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott West during a family event and received a special lower price, which was much appreciated. The hotel is extremely clean, comfortable and has all the amenities I required -- including a fridge and a coffee maker in the room. Everything was spotlessly clean, and the service was excellent.
But what made this truly an extraordinary experience, is that I "lost" my cellphone over the weekend, and was totally unsuccessful in finding it. As a last resort, I called the hotel, and sure enough, it had been found, and was being held by security. An extremely helpful staff member offered to mail it to me at no charge, and a few days later I had my phone back in perfect condition. Anyone who has ever lost a cellphone can imagine my relief and delight at finding it again.
I congratulate the staff at the Marriott for going the extra distance to help a customer. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side that is NOT overlooking the highway (or on a higher floor). It's qui...