“Sufficient & Affordable”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham West Chester
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in West Chester
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here 5 nights in a row, and found that it did the trick just fine! I have stayed in Microtel's before, always having pleasant stays. The room was clean, housekeeping did a great job everyday cleaning the room and replenishing towels. I've taken advantage of the free local & long distance calling available too, which is a nice perk-along with free wifi. The complementary breakfast was nothing too special, but it too did the job. I certainly would not call this place ghetto as one previous reviewer has. It is not fancy, but it is also not dirty. I have found the staff to be quite friendly and capable of doing their jobs. If you are coming to this hotel to solely watch tv or use the fitness room, you probably should reconsider. The tv is small and dated and the fitness room has one treadmill and one stationary bike. Fortunately for me, all's I needed was a bed and shower, so I was quite content. The location was SO convenient as well. You couldn't get easier access to 202 and there were a variety of restaurants a short drive away. I'm sure I'll be staying here again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham West Chester

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Walked in, not a single greeting, even upon checkin completion, With the girl that acted like she had more important things to do on her phone( She continued texting someone while doing our check in)

The Staff/owners from INDIA, STARE and will NOT say hi. They make you feel VERY uncomfortable. Not a friendly place, Both my children were scared to death.

Dark halls. Dirty entrance and completely disgusting place overall.

Got to my room.There were many many many bugs squished!!! Disgusting.

Bed sheets STAINED and filthy with crumbs and so much HAIR!!! They could not have changed the sheets in a few months.

There were holes in the walls,very creepy.

One light didnt work,so I really could not see to read.

TV was so old and was sitting on top of the armoir, if you can call it that. It had lines through it,could not see the show. Very small too, about 17-19 inch, 1990 model.

Bathroom- where to start. Toilet barely flushed, looked like burns all over tub,toilet,walls,sink. *from cigs i suppose

HAir all over the room,toilet,tub.....I dont know what these housekeepers say they clean,but they DONT clean.

I was scared to death to get BEDBUGS from this place.I covered me and my children in Rubbing alcohol soon as we left there.

DO not fall for the cheapness. I would rather sleep on the sidewalk, (Even with the 20 people hangin around in the parking lot at 2am)

I cant believe this place hasnt been shut down to health hazards.

Take my word, if not, you willl be here soon,writing the same review.

Forgot to mention, i got a non smoking room, and things were all burnt up and stunk as if somone smoked constantly in there. my window was broken,so I couldnt open. The air does not get no where near comfortable on a hot day.

this place is GHETTO.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Microtel. I was very impressed, it was cheap but still clean and fully functioning. Nothing in my room was broken, everything worked great and was spotless. The front desk staff was excellent! Cannot say enough good about them, they were all so nice. Breakfast was just enough to get you by with some tasty waffles and the other usual items. I'll be traveling into West Chester a lot this year. With their great prices and service I'll be going out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Visited family on 7/6/12 for a couple of days. They had suggested the Hilton Garden for $119, but I found this hotel on the internet. $79 per night. Really a bargain for what was a nice hotel, more than adequate for our needs since our whole point was to spend time with family. Really liked the two queen beds, very comfortable. Air condition was really "kickin", a welcome relief on an average 102 degee weekend.

They could update their televisions, almost everyone has flat screens now. Complimentary breakfast was good, actually had a good cop of coffee. Clean, non-smoking (smokers had to go outside to the parking lot), can't beat it for the price. Will really consider using again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bigheadgirl
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Checked in 7/09/12 room had wet floor,they moved me next door. Ice bucket lid was used for ash tray,went to get ice in bucket open door smelled like smoke, I paid for in non smoking room but thank goodness I'm only here for one day. Don't like telling people how to do there job there getting paid to do.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We needed a place to stay for one night after rejecting a place booked for us. We found this hotel which was much more acceptable and $20 less. The location is not ideal, it's in a industrial park. However, it is only about 2 miles from downtown West Chester. It is not high end, but is clean and stylish. I always appreciate a clean white bedspread that can be bleached after each guest rather than a tacky, floral spread. I wouldn't recommend it for a long stay, but for an overnight, it's a great value. Added bonus is a cpvery pleasant staff, from front desk to maid service. Free WiFi too.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I don't know what is up with many bad reviews from the past. Maybe this place is under new management now? I just booked a reservation last week here, then realized the bad reviews about 1/2 bad 1/2 good. I was a bit worried after finding this out. But wow, nothing to be worried about. Place was clean, and I didn't smell anything strange. I didn't see anything wrong with the beds. Felt fine to me. I had no problems sleeping. Only complaints I have were, the A/C was on full blast when I got to my room. So I had to turn it way down. They could also use more seating for the breakfast room. Other then that, I have no problems recommending this place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Brandywine River Hotel
Brandywine River Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chadds Ford
Best Western Plus Concordville Hotel

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham West Chester? Share your experiences!