“Happy Birthday to Me...”
Review of Kooma Restaurant

Kooma Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 256 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Happy Birthday to Me...”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My boyfriend took me here for my birthday dinner. I ordered a mango tango which tasted like there was zero alcohol in it. Our sushi order took a while to get to our table, as it was left on the sushi bar counter for 10 minutes before our server realized it. It was delicious; I'll say that with confidence. But what was the major downfall was that a server or bus boy dropped and broke a ceramic dish. A piece ricocheted off the floor and cut my foot. I was given a wet napkin and a bandaid, which I bled through. I was also offered a free dessert. Are you kidding me? I should be able to come to a restaurant and not have blood coming from my foot. I wish management did better in this situation. Although the food was great with the exception of my drink, I will not return at the risk of being injured, again and management doing nothing about it other than taking a drink off since we declined a free dessert. Great birthday experience, huh?

Visited June 2014

Panama City, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had reservations for 8. The gal that served us was friendly, knolegable and very efficient. 2 in our party where not sushi/sashime lovers butthe menu can accomodate all. Possibly the best Ive ever had. The restaurant kitchen and preparers are impeccably clean. The presentation was excellent. Cant wait to go back

• Visited June 2014
Glen Mills
“Over-rated, over-priced, over-and-done.”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We dined at Kooma with a party of 8 on a Friday evening in Lent, looking for a healthy fish meal.
Our party had many assorted a la carte spring rolls, California rolls, Boston rolls and Shrimp tempura rolls which were expertly prepared without significant delay. The restaurant appears to have staffed the sushi bar with a sufficient number of sushi chefs to accommodate the full restaurant in a timely manner. Most of the sushi chefs wore mouth-visor, cough/breath guards to minimize exposure of food (nice precaution, well appreciated).

The bibambopp was tasty and hot but the Korean Go Chu Jang sauce was too sweet, unlike that served in Korea. The soy sauce was entirely too salty and lacked umami flavor. The seaweed salad was too sweet as well. The regular sashimi pieces were cut entirely too large and not of good quality fish for $28.

The atmosphere, although vibrant and a hip crowd, was entirely too noisy and not pleasant for conversation. The drink menu featured many Martinis, however, when ordered they were not available; nor was a standard Mojito due to lack of fresh mint on hand.

The dessert menu was very limited to ice cream and caramel cheese cake. No coffee was available, only green tea. The kids’ drinks arrived in plastic pint-sized take out containers slit for a straw.

If it's winter, ask for a table away from the front door; the constant cold draft was unbearable.

Metered street parking was available on Church Street.

If I wanted to spend this amount on sushi, next time I’ll make the trip to Philadelphia to Morimoto. The check was approximately $500 for a party of eight...in West Chester? Please.

• Visited March 2014
Philadelphia,Pa
“Very good food”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

They food was great. Lettuce wraps were awesome. They take reservations and I suggest you make them. The decor reminded me of a place that would be in New York city. Service was good. Would definitely go back.

Visited February 2014
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Food is excellent”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

007, Wilmington, and Spider rolls are all outstanding.
Service was a mess. Saturday night wait of 45 mins to get food but none of us complained and the girl that served us was very nice so that made it easy to deal with. If you like a hip atmosphere and are willing to pay a bit more I'd recommend it for the rolls.

• Visited May 2014