“Wonderful Accommodations and a real Bargain.”

1732 Folke Stone Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 West Chester B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Marcy and Walter run a small but top notch operation as bed and breakfasts go. Running a B&B appears to be a passion for them as opposed to being an income producer. The place is such an incredible bargain that I would consider it reasonable at twice the price. Breakfast is served family style at one table so you get to socialize with the other guests. Marcy has a background in nutrition so the food is not only delicious but good for you. If you love old architecture and being treated like family this is the place to go. I intend to steer family and friends to this establishment because it is that good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Me my husband my twin sister and her boyfriend have one of the best time and this beautiful place.the owners Marci and Walter ( lovely people ) we went to celebrated my twin and I birthday what a great time We can't wait to go back.Marci and Walter thank you so much to let us feel like we were at home.i hope we will see you both again.great breakfast

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Marcy and Walter are amazing hosts. It felt more like staying with friends than at a B&B. They are very welcoming and generous with their time. Marcy's breakfasts are fabulous, nourishing and beautiful to look at, too. Excellence in service clearly means a lot to them. We stayed in the Rose Room, which is a large corner room, and it has a large bathroom, too. (All rooms have their own bathrooms. But the Rose's bathroom is the largest.) The location is great, too. Just a few minutes (by car) from downtown West Chester and the West Chester University, and yet, the house is located in a beautiful rural area. My husband and I both enjoyed our stay and can highly recommend the Folke Stone B&B.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Marcy and Walter invite you into their home and immediately make you feel welcome. Upon our arrival we were told
There had been a booking issue, in order to resolve this Marcy and Walter graciously gave us the master suite in the house. This happens to be their personal room, they gave up their own personal space. Following morning breakfast was served and did not dissapoint. Delicious home made meal.
I could go on but will wrap things up simply by saying that our stay here was both relaxing and pleasant. And a huge thank you to Marcy and Walter.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank webstar32
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the 2 nights my husband and I spent there. Pleasant hosts who provided an excellent breakfast and information for the area sites and restaurants - with directions. Room very nice with great bath/shower. Loved the Historic house and furnishings. Pleasant dining and sitting area to converse with a related couple we met to stay there . Setting was lovely and quiet with a porch to sit on as well. Liked the small number of rooms/guests at one time and the hosts friendliness without being intrusive. Very happy to recommend it to others. Linda P

Room Tip: All 3 rooms on 2nd floor - each have private baths across the hall from the bedroom. King bed rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Llkperry
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hosts were nice; however there were quite a few things that led to an uncomfortable visit. Our stay was during the early summer and we found the room uncomfortably warm- with our returns later in the evening, it was too late to ask for adjustments. The rooms could use some updates, the chair was not safe to sit on as one leg was very unstable. There was personal rubbish from a previous guest in the room trash can and the bathroom required cleaning (cobwebs and finger smudges on the walls). They put great care into their breakfast preparation and presentation, unfortunately my allergy to blueberries was ignored and I could not enjoy the homemade blueberry pancakes. The snack station is a nice touch. This is a very old home and the smell from the fireplace is overpowering- I would not recommend staying here if you have any respiratory issues.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcy S, Owner at 1732 Folke Stone Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

We are very concern that you were so disappointed with your stay at our charming bed and breakfast. As you can see from the other reviews, we try very hard to make our guests comfortable and anticipate their needs. It is unfortunate that we did not realize that a chair had developed a weak leg. It was replaced as soon as we saw the chair leaning. We pride ourselves in keeping the bathrooms and guest rooms spotless. Walt is so fussy about his clean bathrooms that I am not allowed to go into the bathrooms, once he has cleaned them. Unfortunately, I did not know about your blueberry allergy, because I would have gladly made some plain ones. Our blueberry pancakes are a favorite and often are requested by our guests. The aroma from the fireplace is not usually offensive; however, most cold mornings we do have an inviting warm fire during breakfast service.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time with these very gracious hosts as well as the ambiance of this well kept home. Our breakfasts were superb, served with warmth and in a beautiful setting. One of our favorite times was simply chatting with our hosts or sitting on their pleasant porch enjoying God's beautiful nature.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in West Chester
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham West Chester

Been to 1732 Folke Stone Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!