“Wedding dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had a wedding dinner of 25 at Avalon. Not only were they really flexible and communicated via email (we aren't located in West Chester) but the venue and food were wonderful. I will have to come back for a quiet couples dinner to try the food a la carte!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I dined at the Avalon last night as a belated Valentine's day dinner. This was our second visit to the Avalon. While the food is out of this world good, I have to say that I am mildly disappointed by feeling a sense of stodginess. The server was careful and attentive, as was the maitre'd but there was just something lackluster about they way we were treated. It was not very crowded that night and you would think they would be grateful for having patrons at all, but this was not the feeling I got.
I really like that this restaurant has a fixed price menu, but here again caution is advised. Beware of "up charges" as they are plentiful!

1  Thank MariettaL
Reviewed January 4, 2013

12-12-12: Nine of us (family) had a great dinner on the second floor - had the room to oursleves. The atmosphere, staff and food were great! Would definitley go again. Parking can be a challenge, as you have to park on the street in West Chester - no parking lot.

1  Thank DogDay4
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Menu is limited. We had the four course tasting menu. The veal raviolis were amazing. The eggplant manicotti boring. The duck breast delicious. The fish skate paltry. Also, seating near the door with the cold weather was uncomfortable. The waitstaff was very attentive. We were a table of sx, so gratuity was added after tax.

2  Thank brandywinelady
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Did not expect the diversity in the menu or the imaginative presentation at this small resteraunt in downtown West Chester. We started with a wonderful cheese board which had a variety for many tastes...all were wonderful! The dinners varied from exotic to more common but all were prepared wonderfully. Dessert was truly remarkable. The combinations prepared by the chef were surprising, creative, and memorable! Save room for dessert! They also offered a fixed price 4 course option but the whole table had to opt in.....and my family never agrees so......can't comment....but I will say, can't wait to go back soon...and outdoor seating in the right weather....