“New Orleans Cajun Cooking !!”
Review of High Street Caffe

High Street Caffe
Reserve with OpenTable
High Street Caffe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 256 Restaurants in West Chester
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dean Street
Morgantown, Pennsylvania
“New Orleans Cajun Cooking !!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We dined here tonight after just dining here on Saturday night for the first time. It was so memorable we have been talking about it week - we had to go back. On Saturday it was so crowded with graduation ect. But the wait staff and the bartenders were fun and up beat! The food absolutely amazing.the four of us had a great time. First let me recommend the French 75 to drink then we had the special appetizer the ceviche ( with crispy wontons). The table agreed that the Cajun chicken & scallop was the top but everything was fabulous. The dessert was also so good. Not to mention the outstanding services.

• Visited May 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Place”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a great little West Chester secret. They have brought New Orleans to town and done a good job of it. I love the way they decorated it as well. It looks like many little unique places I have been in while in the Big Easy, done in shades of purples and black. I have enjoyed a few meals as well as a few of their happy hours. Catch the right night and there is live jazz as well! I have not singled out a particular meal as I want to try a few more before settling on my favorite. I find the staff very friendly and the clientele interesting as well.
If you are looking for something different this is the place to go!

• Visited May 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Interesting atmosphere, but really crowded.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We had dinner here this past weekend. I'm not a huge fan of cajun food but my boyfriend is, so we went. We had reservations but still had to wait 20 minutes to sit. It was very loud in there, it's pretty small so you are pretty much right next to someone. We got the coconut battered shrimp and peirogies for an appetizer. They were pretty good, but you only got 4 each, seems like a small order. I got the pear and blue cheese salad for dinner. It was really good. My boyfriend got the etoufee. He said the rice wasn't cooked, so it was crunchy. He thought it was just ok. I'd say average.

• Visited April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Unique food and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I love New Orleans for the food, music and atmosphere, and High Street is as close as you're going to get in the West Chester (or maybe Philly) area. The atmosphere is funky and fun, and the food is unparalleled this far from Louisiana. My favorite is the jambalaya, but we've tried a number of other items and never been disappointed. Warning: If the menu or the server warns you about the heat level, pay attention. They've got some wicked hot sauces.

Visited February 2013
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“A favorite”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a place where you cannot go wrong. The tables are very close and there is always someone's butt on your table as they are walking by, but the amazing food makes up for this. You cannot make a bad choice here and there is something for everyone!

Visited February 2013