“impeccable menu, service and atmosphere”
Review of Dilworthtown Inn

Dilworthtown Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Dilworthtown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 266 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Brinton's Bridge Road
Reviewed July 1, 2013

the dilworthtown inn is in an historical setting close to the actual site of the battle of the brandwyine near route 202 in historic brandywine township. the inn itself is historical, having served those involved in the battle. the historical atmosphere is evident thoroughout the inn with paintings, period pieces, and designs to reflect the revolutionary era.

the creative menu is full of new twists on traditional favorites. it was difficult to choose just one entree item, since they all were very appealing. the attentive and friendly service staff provide the right touch of readiness without intrusion. the meal itself was savory and delectable with an appealing presentation. the entire visit was a feast for the eye and palate.

we like to visit the inn once a year for special occasions, and the dilworthtown inn never disappoints. always a memorable treat for any occasion.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Dilworth Inn is considered by many in the Greater West Chester area as the finest dining establishment. With that said,my experience was less than spectacular. My wife and I ordered the Chateaubriand for two medium rare. It was definitely medium leaning toward well. I do not recall the appetizer, but it was probably around $14 and obviusly uneventful. The waiter was a nice enough gentleman, but seemed a bit tired and equally inatentive. We asked for extra Bernaise for the over-cooked meal, which arrived approximately 20 minutes later; just before we decided to forgo dessert and coffeee.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The menu is relatively unchanged over the years, but the quality of the food has diminished. What was once excellent is now average. Our recent birthday celebration was disappointing due to the lackluster food and service. If note, while we ordered the classically-prepared Ceasar salad it was not prepared table side as we watched others receive theirs throughout the rest of our meal. Unfortunately, the high price for reducing quality food and service will not retain my business. There are other high-end establishments in the area that I can patronize.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I dined here on May 10, a busy Saturday night. She requires a Gluten-Free diet and the waiter was very helpful in selecting and assuring her food was safe and prepared properly. Our soup and salad was served promptly and tasted fine. However our main plates were served almost an hour after we ordered them and were both at room temperature. My wife had scallops and veal tenderloin. The scallops were slightly warm, but the veal was at room temperature. I had the crab cakes and they were also at room temperature but were virtually inedible due to the filler that was used to make the cakes look large. The crab cakes also came with three, extremely small roasted red potatoes that were also cold. For $30 I expected more for the price. Needless to say we did not order dessert after spending two hours waiting and (not enjoying) cold, bad tasting food.

1  Thank ihatescreennames026
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had the Chateaubriand here and it was absolutely amazing. We also ordered the Caesar salad - a must! Our server (I believe his name was Lou? Older man, so sweet and knowledgeable) made the dressing for the salad right there in front of us and we were just blown away by how good it was! We recommended it to many people where we were staying and they all agree - definitely a place to go while in the area!