“The Inn that Lost Its Lyster”
Review of Dilworthtown Inn

Dilworthtown Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Dilworthtown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 256 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Brinton's Bridge Road
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The menu is relatively unchanged over the years, but the quality of the food has diminished. What was once excellent is now average. Our recent birthday celebration was disappointing due to the lackluster food and service. If note, while we ordered the classically-prepared Ceasar salad it was not prepared table side as we watched others receive theirs throughout the rest of our meal. Unfortunately, the high price for reducing quality food and service will not retain my business. There are other high-end establishments in the area that I can patronize.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I dined here on May 10, a busy Saturday night. She requires a Gluten-Free diet and the waiter was very helpful in selecting and assuring her food was safe and prepared properly. Our soup and salad was served promptly and tasted fine. However our main plates were served almost an hour after we ordered them and were both at room temperature. My wife had scallops and veal tenderloin. The scallops were slightly warm, but the veal was at room temperature. I had the crab cakes and they were also at room temperature but were virtually inedible due to the filler that was used to make the cakes look large. The crab cakes also came with three, extremely small roasted red potatoes that were also cold. For $30 I expected more for the price. Needless to say we did not order dessert after spending two hours waiting and (not enjoying) cold, bad tasting food.

1  Thank ihatescreennames026
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had the Chateaubriand here and it was absolutely amazing. We also ordered the Caesar salad - a must! Our server (I believe his name was Lou? Older man, so sweet and knowledgeable) made the dressing for the salad right there in front of us and we were just blown away by how good it was! We recommended it to many people where we were staying and they all agree - definitely a place to go while in the area!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm going to go against other reviewers here- I love the atmosphere, the old world elegance, but feel the food is only slightly above average. It is well worth the price for a special evening, but don't go for the food. I had a scallop dish which was just okay, my husband had crab and remarked that it, too, was uninspired. The caesar salads were made table-side and were excellent. Another person in our group had a beef dish and loved it. The waiter made a gross etiquette error when he brought the bill and reminded us that since we had a gift card we should be sure to tip on the total bill. That said, the place is lovely, dining or having a drink in the outside stable area is wonderful and the experience of eating in this lovely restaurant is well worth it---just don't go for the food alone-

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Inn came highly recommended by two sets of friends so we went for dinner. The bar area is small but comfy. We had Jack Daniels Old-fashioned and a Pear Martini - both well made. We met a young couple at the bar and ended up eating together. The Inn has a lot of charm. The meal was delicious. We each had the Gorgonzola Stuffed Poached Pear salad. It was really savory and satisfying. My husband had Crab Three Ways which he really enjoyed. I had the Slow Roasted Duck Breast. Talk about yummy! The chorizo sausage just added such and interesting dimension to the duck. Highly recommend this choice! Our service and waitress were warm, welcoming, and very friendly. We were not rushed at all through our meal. We really enjoyed our meal, the drinks and the ambiance of this Inn. Don't miss it!
t