“Wonderful Dining Experience in a Colonial Atmosphere”
Review of Dilworthtown Inn

Dilworthtown Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Dilworthtown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 256 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Brinton's Bridge Road
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have dined at the Dilworthtown Inn several times over the last few years to celebrate special occasions and have consistently enjoyed a very fine dining experience at each visit. As you enter the restaurant on a cold evening you are greeted by a warm and cozy colonial atmosphere complete with wood-burning fireplaces, lit by gas lamps and candles, and surrounded by fine antiques. There are several intimate dining areas that have been created within the Inn- buildings that date back to a much earlier time period.

During our March visit we were warmly greeted by a pleasant host. Our dining room servers were friendly and helpful without being over-bearing or intrusive during our leisurely meal. We enjoyed a 3-course meal, starting with a mixed green salad and fresh-baked rolls, followed by a petit filet mignon entrée (served with haricots-verts, sautéed mushrooms, and baby carrots), and finished with a delicious cheesecake and coffee for dessert. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and all three courses were well prepared and very flavorful. Overall, the excellent food, attentive service and warm-and-cozy ambiance created a wonderful fine-dining experience.

The premium prices may discourage you from dining at the Dilworthtown Inn on a regular basis, but we can definitely recommend the restaurant as a great choice to celebrate those special occasions.

There are newer reviews for Dilworthtown Inn

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Highly recommend if planning a special date, anniversary, birthday. Food is great. The atmosphere is really cool too. There is a lot of history in this area and particularly this building.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here for our wedding anniversary. it was outstanding! I had the Filet Mignon n it was just perfect the best filet Ive had in a while. My husband had the Trout and it was very good also. We will return next time we are in the area!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

It has been several years since we visited this restaurant. It was worth the extra expense for this special treat. That was then, this is now. Gone is the fabulous stuffed lobster tail for two, but I can live with that. What I can't live with is the decline in both food and service.
A new "ALONG THE MISSISSIPPI" menu was available on our visit. We asked our server to describe several options. "Sorry, this is my first night serving this menu." Though, I must say that the crawfish andouille sausage cake appetizer was the highlight of our evening.
Our main courses took forever, When served, the taste and quality were good, though just lukewarm. The braised short ribs, the spiced pork chop and mixed grill could have been phenomenal if served at the appropriate temperature. I told our server. He said, "I will let the kitchen know." Gee, I would have expected an apology or a manager visit. When we left, I informed the maitre d of our lukewarm meals. His response, "I will let the kitchen know."
My response: you can find better ways to shell out $200 for better food. No wonder why we were able to get a Saturday reservation with no problem. Dilworthtown Inn: SHAME ON YOU!!!

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We usually have dinner here for special occasions due to the cozy atmosphere and usually great service. On our last visit to celebrate a friend's birthday we were very dissapointed. The waiter seemed on edge and did not seem willing to provide the exceptional service we were expecting to receive. My wife asked if the rockfish could be sautéed instead of blackened and he launched into an explanation that they should not have started a new menu and that any deviation would take at least an hour!
The wine service was lacking and not timely. Finally, I called the restaurant to arrange for a candle on the dessert and it never happened. I had to ask the waiter and he put cookies on a plate with whipped cream and a candle.

My wife had the filet which she enjoyed and our friend had a medley of crab which was crab prepared three different ways. Overall the food was fine; however the prices on some entrees are approaching $40 which is high for the Chadds Ford/West Chester area and thus, why we were expecting an excellent level of service. It will probably be some time before we go back to this restaurant.

1  Thank gonzo304