“Lovely”
Review of Dilworthtown Inn

Dilworthtown Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Dilworthtown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 257 Restaurants in West Chester
Cross street: Brinton's Bridge Road
Paoli, Pennsylvania
“Lovely”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The atmosphere is great, the food delicious, the service very good- it all makes for a nice evening.

Libertyville, Illinois
“Amazing!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This restaurant is perfect for special occasions. I'd love to say for dining all the time, but it is pricey. With that said, you do receive excellent service and the food is amazing. The building is charming and historical. The wait staff has personality. Don't expect a large bar as the majority of the facility is for dining. I highly recommend a visit or two.

1 Thank B S
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Elegant, delicious, old world charm, pricey.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We enjoyed an early dinner here on NYE, booked last week through "Open Table" and requested a table by the fireplace. A lovely table was waiting for us downstairs and we were seated immediately. I didn't think I would enjoy downstairs, but it was fine, although I prefer a main dining room upstairs. But having booked only a few days in advance for NYE, I surely won't complain, and would happily eat downstairs again. If stairs are an issue, be sure to specify this when reserving. Also, the restrooms are on the main floor, so keep that in mind too.

We shared a shrimp cocktail which was 6 good size shrimp, served with two sauces. We also ordererd salads, I selected the Field Green Salad which was huge, I couldn't begin to finish it...and my spouse had the Steak House Salad which was a lettuce wedge with tomatoes, bacon and a bleu cheese dressing with crumbled bleu cheese. Yum. The cost of the salads is not included in the entree price. Maybe next time, I'll skip the salad so I have room for dessert!

The menu was a "special" menu for the holidays and offered a nice variety. I selected "Crab Three Ways" which was absolutely, positively delicious. The Crab/Shrimp cake was full of lump crab, and served on a bed of steamed spinach, the Mango Crab Dumpling was different but delicious, and Crispy Crab Beignet was served on a bed of mashed potatoes. The entree was $30.50. I couldn't finish everything.

My spouse had the filet which was cooked to perfection, crusted with peppercorns, served with Sautéed Mushrooms, Baby Carrots, and a choice of two sauces. This entree was $39.75. He said it was excellent, not one bit of fat or gristle. He cleaned his plate for sure.

Our server was a distinguished gentleman named Glen, who promised not to rush us - and he didn't, while delivering excellent service without being intrusive.

We did not order dessert as we were both stuffed...maybe next time. For a special occasion, this is a lovely choice and we look forward to our next occasion!

Media, Pennsylvania
“new years eve dinner”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

our annual new years eve dinner with friends and family. been doing this for many years. for the second year in a row, no rack of lamb, my favorite and an elegant entre. the menu has become more eclectic over the years. no beef wellington, dover sole. now its braised ribs or an entre of boar, rabbit, etc. although always a great dinner and time, i think it might be time for a change. maybe harry savoy.

Delaware
“Could not have been more perfect!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We dined here this past Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary.

From the moment we walked in the front door, we were greeted warmly by each employee we encountered and received many wishes of "Happy Anniversary".

Our server was Monty and he was excellent - attentive, cordial and helpful. Our food was also excellent - mushroom soup for him and butternut squash & pear soup for me and then pork tenderloin for both of us. The food was hot and flavorful and beautifully presented. I had white chocolate macademia nut ice cream for dessert and it was the best ice cream I've had in a long time. My husband also enjoyed his apple turnover.

The ambience is very romantic and charming. I love the small number of tables in a given room, and enjoyed the low lighting - perfect for a romantic dinner. The holiday decorations were beautiful and would have presented nice backdrops for photos.

This was the third time we've dined here for a special occasion and I'm sure we will take many opportunities in the future to return.