“2nd Chance and Last Chance”
Review of Senora's Authentic Mexican - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Years ago I visited this restaurant and wasn't' impressed. They used paper service back then and were over priced. I gave them 2nd try to see if they improved. It's a little more upscale now with regular service & flatware in a clean, typically Mexican motif dining room.
My Nachos appetizer was a "generous" handful of chips with a 2oz plastic container of cucumber salsa (ok), mostly melted bag cheese, and scant topping of scallion slices & green chilies (overall meh).
My Fish tacos (2) were menu described as fried strips of fish breaded in Mexican spiced bread crumbs, were actually much, too long in the freezer frozen fish product (Think dried out fish sticks from grade school). This came with dry, flavorless corn tortillas, lots of fresh, crisp shredded lettuce (for cover) and this time I went with the pineapple salsa (good, pepper accent overdone). Ordered a side of Mexican rice (big mistake), what I got was dried out, indistinguishably flavored pile of something that probably started out as rice, from maybe the day before (2 bites and I was done). Fountain lemonade (tasted of not completely dissolved, powder drink), now I was not expecting much, but the dispenser should be set to get the mixture right! My tab for this culinary debacle, just under $15. Waitress was friendly, welcoming, and prompt, but she alone could not make me want to give Senora's a chance for a third strike, they're out.

There are newer reviews for Senora's Authentic Mexican

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Amazing, wonderful, authentic food! The owners are wonderful, and every dish I've ever tried there has been wonderful. I've been a regular customer there since it opened years ago. The atmosphere is both homey and fun, a very comfortable place to eat, great value, and again, awesome food.
I had recently been persuaded to try to La Tolteca in West Chester, which was 2 stars at best, but from now on when I want Mexican food, I'll head to Senora's.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been going to Senora's for more than 10 years so I believe I know this place very well. I take my family there a few times a month for a quick week night dinner. It is a BYO in a strip mall with a basic, clean atmosphere featuring pinatas on the ceiling. Nothing fancy but the food is consistently decent. I recommend the Mole Poblano, Enchilada and Sausalito Burrito. They also make some really nice salsas. I wouldn't recommend Senoras for a romantic dinner but if you want a variety of Mexican food to satisfy the whole family (picky eaters too) it is a great option.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I am from California and I have been looking for an Authentic Mexican Restaurant and have finally found it. Great Service, wonderful flavor. I was impressed with the true authenticity of this restaurant. I would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Service was slow at all tasks at hand. Food left us feeling hungry and was not of the quality expected. Quite a let down