“Very disappointing meal.”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This restaurant used to be a favorite so we were very unhappy when we had dinner today.
My husband's favorite lamb kebab was not available so he ordered scallops with linguini. I had my usual ahi tuna kebab which comes with rice, tabbouleh and hummus.
There was a long wait for dinner even though there were not a lot of diners and when it came we were surprised by the scanty amount of pasta my husband received. There were 2 scallops and a tasting size portion of pasta. When we said something to the server she went to find the chef/owner who told her his pasta comes prepackaged in individual servings!
For $22 my husband should have received 3 scallops and a reasonable portion of pasta.
We are not going back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Mediterranian because we had a good promotional coupon. So, not only did we receive substantial savings because of the coupon, we enjoyed a great meal and learned about a new restaurant that we will be visiting again. The Maza Platter as an appetizer was great and was really almost a meal unto itself. Our Spinach Salad was fresh, attractively presented, tasted quite good, and was sufficient for two people to share. Lastly, we also shared the Falafel Platter which we loved! It was more than enough, the falafels were not at all greasy and the platter included a generous serving of humus, tabuli and Sind fresh veggies. Our pleasant waitress was very attentive and made sure to keep our water glasses filled. We know that we will return to The Mediterranian.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great location in the heart of West Chester, PA. Family owned and operated. My falafel was delicious. John's lamb was not as good as he had hoped. But the baklava for dessert was truly truly extraordinary. The absolute best I have ever had.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have come to the Mediterranean for years and it still performs well with Greek food. The menu has grown (and the prices also), but it's a cute, intimate place; bistro feel to it. It's a BYO which I appreciate. The service was great, especially because we sat upstairs and the kitchen is downstairs. Having the upstairs bathroom in working order would have been nice. Seating is also available downstairs and even outside in the warmer months, but there's much less traffic upstairs. I had the best Tabouli I've eaten, and I don't particularly like Tabouli. Something about the tomatoes, garlic and oil, I think.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Mediterranean Restaurant, West Chester, PA. The four of us from out of town had a good meal here on a busy Saturday night. Reservations are necessary, and we’d made ours the night before. Our perception of the meal was made better by having had a dreadful dining experience at Teca down the street the night before. When we were seated upstairs in the Mediterranean at 7, the ambience was friendly and relatively quiet. We enjoyed our BYOB glass of wine, appetizers, and were into the main course before the noise level escalated. The food is obviously homemade, appeared fresh, and served abundantly. While it wasn’t remarkable, it was good, and we enjoyed the evening.