“Typical college town pub. OK place for a beer or appetizer, but don't count on a great dining experience.”
Review of Ryan's Pub

Ryan's Pub
Ranked #140 of 257 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We ate dinner one evening at Ryan's when the restaurant was not busy at all. In the course of our dinner, which took far too long given the nature of the fare, we had three different servers who apparently were not cooperating with the service. It was a comedy of service errors. The servers were polite and nice enough, but clearly not paying attention to the task at hand (maybe it was finals week?) The food was slightly better than typical pub food, but given the manner in which is was ordered, served, and followed-up with it lost more than a bit of it's enjoyment value. You can get food anywhere, but you go out to dinner for the experience; I still can't understand why restaurant managers don't grasp this concept. I'm rating the experience as average only because the actual food was slightly better than average. The service on the other hand stinks.

• Visited April 2014

Wilmington, Delaware
“Great pub food.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great food for a very casual place. I have always had good service whether I was stopping in for a drink or eating.

• Visited February 2014
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“A Gem”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Awesome wings, hot roast beef was great and my son enjoyed buffalo chicken sandwich. My wife also loved the chicken panini. Service was top notch.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank William L
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Bad experience”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had a prepaid $25 certificate for Ryan's Pub. I used it about a week before it's due date which means I paid for it 51 weeks prior. They gave me a hard time using it when the check came. The waitress said the manager will apply the certificate only to the food and not to the bottle of beer (the only alcohol in the entire tab). I think that's pretty bad business and not a good way to treat a somewhat steady customer. Mgmt can email me if they want to discuss. The pre-paid certificate I bought said it had no restrictions meaning it could be applied to the food and drink portion of a bill.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Doug M
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Great Pub Restaurant”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

OK, I've rated this 4 stars, but that's on the understanding that this isn't fine dining. If you're looking for good, solid, pub food, then this is a great place. Good fast service, great food, and cold beer. I've been twice now, and its in our rotation. Burgers were cooked perfectly, the fish and chips is hand battered, and there is normally something interesting on tap.

Visited June 2012