“When It Comes to a Good Experience, Culinary does NOT Deliver!”
Review of Culinary Deliveries & Pizzeria - CLOSED

Culinary Deliveries & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Like many, I'm all about a good pizza after a night of fun; however, make a note to yourself: Culinary Deliveries does NOT deliver on “good” or the “fun” when it comes to a great West Chester eatery!

Let me preface this review by stating my interaction with Culinary was not influenced by alcohol (lack of sleep, yes) and I was nothing short of respectful.

After ordering 5 meals, including a pizza and a wrap, at 2:15am, we were excited to enjoy a meal from Culinary. The girl who placed our order was pleasant and laughed at our jokes; we didn’t expect our order to turn so negatively!

We were told the order would arrive in 45 minutes. After waiting an hour, we called Culinary and were told the delivery would arrive in 10 minutes…it was 20 minutes later (not exaggerating, we checked the phone clock to be certain). All for nothing, it was past 3:30am and no one was hungry anymore  It was soon after that we realized our wrap was missing. Though I did not place the order, I offered to call Culinary and request the wrap not be charged on the credit card since it was late and we were going to bed.

The gentleman who answered the phone was beyond rude! After explaining that we didn’t want the wrap or charge, he insisted the driver would be back [within seconds?] to give it to us and that he couldn’t reverse the credit card (anyone who works with credit cards knows this is not true!). I politely asked to not charge us and let the driver return to Culinary and he said (and I quote), “in the amount of time you were yappin’ at me, we could have had your order to you!” and then he hung up!!

How would the Driver had known to come back within that “amount of time” and did the guy on the phone not compute? We didn’t want the wrap!

Moments later, Culinary called to state there was no order of a wrap and we weren’t charged for it (which leads me to wonder why he was so adamant about not reversing a charge he didn’t even research first?) and then the gentleman said (again, word for word), “if you just checked the receipt, you’d know that!” I politely (it wasn’t easy at that point) reminded him that we were not given an itemized receipt.

We laughed at how rude the representative from Culinary was on the phone – but it became even funnier when the pizza box was opened and the pizza was completely black on the bottom! I guess that makes sense, considering it took 80 minutes to cook?

Needless to say, the experience with this ignorant and derisive gentleman completely left a sour taste in our mouths (I guess the horrible food did that too)!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The owner is a jerk! Buyer beware!!!! If ANYTHING goes wrong with your order you are out of luck: The owner will not honor his word on a refund and/or credit for poor food/service. And, given that mistakes happen often in the food industry (it comes with the territory), there is a chance you will have to deal with owner. The quality of the food is OK for pizza; but, the food is not good enough to risk it.

1  Thank 807JP
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had ordering food. Rude, disgusting, and just plain awful. If you live in West Chester and you want take-out, call Riggtown, Amore Pizza, or Brothers Pizza and they will all satisfy. If you want terrible food,gross conditions, and rude staff.....call Culinary Deliveries

2  Thank Sharkbite89
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Great neighbor pizza joint. They make some of the best wings in WC.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook