“Great little Italian Restaurant”
Review of Fiorello's Cafe

Fiorello's Cafe
Ranked #13 of 256 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Westtown Road
Transit: SEPTA bus 104 to corner of Westtown Road and Gay Street stop; or Westtown Road and Market Street stop
Description: Cafe Fiorello's Serves Authentic, Old-World Italian Dishes Inspired by the Best of Sicilian and Mediterranean Cuisine
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Have been to this restaurant a couple of times. Always find the food delicious and fresh. Service is excellent--attentive but not hovering. Our waitress last night was Holly--delightful, gave great suggestions and very pleasant. The lobster ravioli and shrimp was very good as was the chocolate mousse cake for dessert. A bit noisy when very busy, but not bad.

There are newer reviews for Fiorello's Cafe

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Fiorello's has been one my wife's and my favorite restaurants. And we planned a post-Valentine's Day dinner for Saturday, 2/16, thinking it would be less crowded. What a mistake! Despite having a reservation, we waited over 20 minutes before being grudgingly given a 4-top.

The place was packed and our waiter, normally great, was also handling a party of 10. He forgot out water. He forgot my wife's salad--and we had to ask twice more to get it. Getting oil for the bread was a quest. And forget about getting your water glass refilled.

The entrees were, as usual, superb. We've never had a meal that wasn't perfectly prepared.

But once my wife's meal was three-quarters gone, over-aggressive busing began, attempting to remove her plate before she was done. She did lose her salad plate during a moment when we were less than vigilant. The dessert menus were provided and then, when we declined, the bum's rush began. Our check was presented and the waiter actually hovered over the table while I retrieved my charge card. The charge slip was prepared and presented in less than a minute and he again hovered until I signed and returned it. They were clearing the table as we rose. As we exited, we saw many couples waiting to be seated--as we had for 20+ minutes when we first arrived.

This was so unlike our prior experiences that we will, of course, go back. But probably not on a Saturday night. I did write an email to Fiorello's the following week--but it is still unanswered.

1  Thank Mgmt-IT-Consultant
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great food, nice staff, easy parking. Come here often with friends just to enjoy good food and enjoy easy conversation. Great buffet during the week for lunch.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Went to Fiorello's Sat. evening 12/15/12 for dinner. Forgetful waiter didn't bring us the requested waters, then didn't bring us the requested olive oil for the bread, then completely forgot to serve us our salads and tried to say he was bringing them AFTER the meal "Italian style". Next, he mess-up two of the four dinner orders!! My husband ordered the Lobster with blush sauce ($28.00) and specifically pointed to it on the menu so the waiter knew which he wanted. He was brought the "Special" which was Lobster Fra Diavolo, which is very spicy and then charged him $40.00!!! Another member asked for the special WITHOUT the lobster, and she was served it with the lobster anyway and charged $40.00!! He then served us his "specially made salad with lemon and olive oil" and it was AWFUL, and were no longer hungry for it anyway, and didn't even touch it!! When we complained to the owner about the service and the $145.00 check, he acted annoyed at US, and said "Well, we took the appetizer ($9.00) off the bill for you!! Upset us and ruined our whole evening! Not going back there!!

1  Thank Heidi M
Reviewed October 7, 2012

First, I have been going to Fiorella's for more than a decade and while pricey, always enjoyed the quality of food. I can honestly say thay we have spent more then $5,000 over the years. Service has been spotty and i have often wondered if it is worth it. Today was the last straw. We walked in and it there were only two tables taken. However, they placed us at a small table on top of another occupied table with at least 15 empty tables and right up against thier audio equipment. We simply moved one table over which upset the waitor. When he came over to wait on our table instead of asking what we would like to eat he immediatey got on our case about moving over a table. He told us he will let us sit there thjs time since it was early and they were not crowded yet. Feeling both embarressed and put off, we got up to leave. That is when he physically grabbed my arm and told me to sit down. When leaving we told the person on the way out, which I think is a family member. It was at that point we got a half hearted apology.

Don't go. At one point this was an exceptional place but it is quite clear the poor service and physically agressive nature of this waitor is not worth it anymore.

4  Thank L F