“General Tso is the best I ever had”
Review of China Palace

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Palace
Ranked #133 of 257 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Chinese
“General Tso is the best I ever had”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We been there about 3 times so far and they have been consistently good each time. They are definitely a busy carry out place. We dined in and enjoyed the food as well.

West Chester, PA
“Great Chinese Food!”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

It is very hard for us to find good chinese food....this place is not fancy but the food is great! The sesame chicken is the best! The soups are all good. I read the others reviews and they say that the people are rude....there is only one rude person there and it is the lady who owns it. Everyone else is nice. I do not think that she is mean or means to be rude, it is a cross between cultures and being very busy. The rest of the staff is very nice. it is a great neighborhood chinese restaurant.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank ElisaWestChester
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Worth the Trip”
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I have been going here for at least 16 years and have driven from as far away as Conshohocken. No one has ever been rude to me. Maybe because I wasn't rude to them One thing I like is that their fried rice doesn't contain peas and carrots. (when I was growing up, nobody put veggies in their fried rice)

Glen Mills, PA
“Best Food in West Chester”
Reviewed April 29, 2009

The value of this food is amazing. The portions are extremely large. I always order the Chicken with Broccoli and it usually lasts me 3 meals.

A pint of Egg Drop Soup usually lasts me two meals. You would think that a pint would be small, but they fill it to the brim. They also come with crunchy noodles which I love.

They're courteous when it comes to needing extra condiments such as duck sauce, mustard, or soy sauce. I also always help myself to a pair of their chopsticks. They usually give me fortune cookies on the house as well.

West Goshen, PA
“Too rude for my blood”
Reviewed December 14, 2008

I don't care if the food is good or not, these people are rude. When I called for a pick-up, the woman answered the phone with "Hold on". When she returned, her English was broken, so I made her repeat my order. She repeated back "Steamed vegetables with no sauce". The call ended with her quickly saying "order #12 ten minutes" click.

When I arrived to pay for my food, the women (there was 3 of them) remained at the back of the restaurant conversing for several minutes and didn't acknowledge me even though I'm sure that they saw me standing there. When the woman (presumably the same one to which I spoke on the phone) finally came to the front, the phone rang and instead of making the caller wait like she did to me, she took order #15 while I stood there. I paid her with a credit card, but I guess that I moved too slow for her because she grabbed the old-fashioned triplicates (carbon copies) out of my hand and gave me my receipt, didn't say thank you and started to help another person that arrived after I did.

When I got home, the vegetables were covered in some sauce. When I called them back and told them that they got the order wrong, the woman interrogated me like I did something bad to them. They will never get another penny out of me.