“Dine at the "Heart of Rome"”
Review of Core de Roma

Core de Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
Core de Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 256 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Adams Street
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a terrific family owned restaurant offering authentic Roman cuisine. It is a charming BYOB restaurant in West Chester run by Luigi Pinti and one the great features is his incredible home made pasta and breads. Every dish they offer is a delight for your taste buds. Although they are fairly new to West Chester, they have a very successful and equally delicious menu in South Philly. I totally recommend this culinary delight. I am so enthralled with this restaurant that I am holding a large party of 70 guests at the West Chester location.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

What a fabulous BYOB italian specialty place. This was my 2nd trip after a great experience the first time. The service is just the best.. Attentive, accomodating any request for menu changes, anticipating needs etc.
Food was plentiful and reasonable priced - and special - not just typical Italian. We were celebrating our friends 50th anniversary and a birthday..
It was a first visit for our friends and they kept asking the staff about dishes being served to other tables -- and committed they would be returning soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have been 3 times to this fairly new BYOB just outside of West Chester, twice with another couple, and once in a party with 13. Each time everything was handled very well by the staff. Artichoke appetizer; excellent reviews, veal saltimbocca; very good (my standard pick at Italian restaurants). Service solid, owner very involved in the operation and meeting customers. Parking is a great plus for West Chester too. No complaints, will be back.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We all had something different that evening.
Pasta, veal, mussels, lasagna. I have never had that great of an Italian meal ever!
The couple we were with said the calamari was the best and they've been all over the world.
The owner and staff speak Italian.
It's a BYOB place and will get crowded after 6 PM, so reservations are a good idea.
It needs to have its own website so people can get an idea of the menu items they have.
We will definitely go back!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We visited this cute little Trattoria last evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was a busy night and it got a little noisy, but other than that the atmosphere was very nice. Our server was very personable and took great time and care with us.

As for the food, my husband ordered the grilled calamari plate and I opted for Insalata Core de Roma. They were both very nice; the calamari plate was actually very salad like and my salad was a bed of greens with fruits and nuts in the mix.

My husband really wanted to try the tripe entree but sadly they did not have it available. He opted for a fish special that they offered that evening; my choice was Coda all Vaccinara, which is an oxtail stew with vegetables. Both were delectable!

Desert was cannoli for my husband and I chose Italian Cheesecake, with espresso for us both.
You know what they say...when in Rome, do as the Romans!

We will most definitely return to Core de Roma in the future..and hopefully my hubby will be able to enjoy some tripe!