“Good New Italian BYOB”
Review of Core de Roma

Core de Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
Core de Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 274 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Adams Street
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have been 3 times to this fairly new BYOB just outside of West Chester, twice with another couple, and once in a party with 13. Each time everything was handled very well by the staff. Artichoke appetizer; excellent reviews, veal saltimbocca; very good (my standard pick at Italian restaurants). Service solid, owner very involved in the operation and meeting customers. Parking is a great plus for West Chester too. No complaints, will be back.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We all had something different that evening.
Pasta, veal, mussels, lasagna. I have never had that great of an Italian meal ever!
The couple we were with said the calamari was the best and they've been all over the world.
The owner and staff speak Italian.
It's a BYOB place and will get crowded after 6 PM, so reservations are a good idea.
It needs to have its own website so people can get an idea of the menu items they have.
We will definitely go back!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We visited this cute little Trattoria last evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was a busy night and it got a little noisy, but other than that the atmosphere was very nice. Our server was very personable and took great time and care with us.

As for the food, my husband ordered the grilled calamari plate and I opted for Insalata Core de Roma. They were both very nice; the calamari plate was actually very salad like and my salad was a bed of greens with fruits and nuts in the mix.

My husband really wanted to try the tripe entree but sadly they did not have it available. He opted for a fish special that they offered that evening; my choice was Coda all Vaccinara, which is an oxtail stew with vegetables. Both were delectable!

Desert was cannoli for my husband and I chose Italian Cheesecake, with espresso for us both.
You know what they say...when in Rome, do as the Romans!

We will most definitely return to Core de Roma in the future..and hopefully my hubby will be able to enjoy some tripe!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went with a family group of 7 to this BYOB restaurant on a weekday night. Not many diners that night. Very good decor and layout with a bar set up for dining.

Split the artichoke appetizer with my wife and it was very good- three others ordered salads. Four of us ordered the special - a veal chop stuffed with prosciutto/mozzarella ($34)- the others ordered off the menu- lasagna,ossobucco and veal marsala. Portions were very good. Everybody else seemed to enjoy their entre except me. My veal chop was underdone and had a large bone so very little stuffing was able to be put in the chop.Desserts were tiramisu and molten lava cake for three of us. Service was excellent.

We will give it another try but probably order off the standard menu.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place is real Italian. The owner is from Rome and it shows with the menu items and decor. This is my 5th time there and have never been disappointed. Pasta dishes are done the way they are suppose to be done, al dente, and delicious. Meat and seafood items are very flavorful. My favorite pasta item is the Bucatini all' Amatriciana. It tastes like it did in Rome. Luigi, the owner, is very personable and makes you feel very welcome. I also love that the place is BYOB.
I will be returning very soon.

1  Thank Sam S