“Will give it another try”
Review of Core de Roma

Core de Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
Core de Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 272 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Adams Street
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went with a family group of 7 to this BYOB restaurant on a weekday night. Not many diners that night. Very good decor and layout with a bar set up for dining.

Split the artichoke appetizer with my wife and it was very good- three others ordered salads. Four of us ordered the special - a veal chop stuffed with prosciutto/mozzarella ($34)- the others ordered off the menu- lasagna,ossobucco and veal marsala. Portions were very good. Everybody else seemed to enjoy their entre except me. My veal chop was underdone and had a large bone so very little stuffing was able to be put in the chop.Desserts were tiramisu and molten lava cake for three of us. Service was excellent.

We will give it another try but probably order off the standard menu.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place is real Italian. The owner is from Rome and it shows with the menu items and decor. This is my 5th time there and have never been disappointed. Pasta dishes are done the way they are suppose to be done, al dente, and delicious. Meat and seafood items are very flavorful. My favorite pasta item is the Bucatini all' Amatriciana. It tastes like it did in Rome. Luigi, the owner, is very personable and makes you feel very welcome. I also love that the place is BYOB.
I will be returning very soon.

1  Thank Sam S
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Amazing appetizers, salad. Nice cozy atmosphere with friendly attentive staff. Try the lasagna;I guarantee it will be one of the best you've had. Also meatballs and artichoke appetizer are great. Owner very friendly.

1  Thank Bink530
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The noise in the restaurant was so loud that I had to have the server shout the specials while she was next to me. Why do we try these places on weekends? The food was average at best. The mushroom soup had lump crab in it, so it was more like crab soup. The chicken dish was over cooked and dried. Could it be the 1.5 hours we waited for the meal? Small BYOB setting was packed for our 8:15 pm reservation.

I can't emphasize enough about the noise level. It was horrible. This was probably the most uncomfortable restaurant that I have ever been to. This overshadowed the evening. Out of three couples, two said they would never go back. I thought the overall experience was horrific due to the noise level.

While I read the other TripAdvisor reviews, I could not believe these people went to the same place. Should I not believe that these reviews were written by "regular" contributors?

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Core de Roma offers a diverse menu of authentic Italian dishes served by an enthusiastic staff in a cozy setting. Gigi, the owner, seated us in the main dining area. Our waiter was knowledgeable about both the specials and the menu offerings, and his recommendations were outstanding. Between courses, we had a chance to talk Gigi, a native Roman whose father's paintings serve as focal points to the decor. The artichoke appetizer is the specialty of the house: three warm baby artichokes stuffed with cheese and served over a bed of spring lettuces. In a word, it was amazing. The mushroom ravioli were served in a white sauce that was rich without being heavy. The filling of finely chopped mushrooms was unusual but delicious. The lasagna was perhaps the best I've tasted and the portion was generous enough for another meal. Downtown West Chester charges for parking every night of the week, so it was especially nice to be able to park for free in their lot. I would recommend getting reservations even for a week night to make sure you aren't disappointed!

3  Thank lkersch