“Baan Thai Restaurant in West Chester, Pa.”
Review of Baan Thai Sabaidee

Baan Thai Sabaidee
Get food delivered
Ranked #75 of 248 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 2, 2014

One of the best meals I have had in a Thai Restaurant. Baan Thai is a "hidden treasure" in
the city of West Chester, Pennsylvania and is located in a pretty residential area on a side street, off the beaten track not too far from the University. Actually, have had dinner there several times and each time it was excellent. It was recently taken over by two lovely young ladies who do an excellent job in preparing and serving the meals and are so very accommodating. So if you are visiting the Brandywine Valley or live in the area and have never tried this wonderful little restaurant, it is a must try if you enjoy good Thai food. You will not be disappointed and is so very reasonable. It is located at 704 Shields Street in West Chester, Pa.

Date of visit: February 2014
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Baan Thai is a recent addition to the dining scene in West Chester. It is located in a small strip mall in a mostly residential area, not far from West Chester University. My wife and I have eaten there 3-4 times, mostly for lunch. Lunchtime runs until 3:30 pm, so it is possible to get reduced prices on luncheon entrees until then. We frequent other Thai restaurants in the West Chester-Main Line area, and I would have to say that Baan Thai holds its own with the competition. The food is authentic Thai, and can be spiced up or down depending on your wishes. Sometimes, the chef is a bit heavy on the sauces (too thick), which is the only complaint I have. The service is very friendly and accommodating. My concern for this restaurant is that it's off the beaten track, so people just don't stumble onto this place; they have to know it's there. Over the past 5 years, West Chester has seen an influx of Asian restaurants, so the competition is already there. I hope Baan Thai makes it!!

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have eaten at Baan Thai at least 8 times and the food is authentic and consistently excellent. The wait staff is attentive and Fon, the owner, is friendly and wonderful. I was so impressed with the restaurant that I decided to hold my board meeting there (with 8 people) even though it does not have a private room. Fon partitioned off an area and the food and service was great. Fon was also generous enough to donate food to a fundraiser we held for our new community center. Their lunch menu is diverse and offers a three course meal with generous helpings for one reasonable price. I love their Pad Se Ew and their appetizers and currys are wonderful. Fon also offers a diverse selection of teas. I regularly bring clients, friends and family to Baan Thai. Go to Baan Thai. You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have been wishing for an authentic reasonable Thai restaurant to come to WC for a long time. With the opening of Bann, that wish has been fulfilled. Having gotten used to excellent casual Thai restaurants in my years of living on the west coast, I have been disapointed by the Thai restaurants in this area. They often seem to try to be all things asian (Noodi thai) or fine dining/overpriced/small portions (Jasmin). Baan was just delicious, no frills Thai food done right. We had the Pad Thai and Panang Curry. both were excellent. they are not afraid to make their food spicy when requested. We requested 3 stars and the food was perfectly hot for my tastes. There is nothing fancy or innovative about this restaurant. It is just good authentic Thai food. the service and staff were friendly and efficient. I look forward to visiting this restaurant again.

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed September 9, 2012

These folks just openned the doors this summer and already have a following. They serve authentic Thai food in a comfortable atmosphere with reasonable pricing and friendly staff. The menu ranges from traditional fare (Pad Thai, Tom Kha, and a variety of Curries) to some creative house specialties (Basil Chicken, Bangkok Pepper Steak and Baan Thai Seafood Paella). You can even start out with a Baan Thai Platter which is simalar to the hard to find PuPu Platter - only better! While you're there, don't forget to have a Thai Iced Tea! The seating is comfortable and the decor is traditional without being cheesy. This restaurant is BYOB.

Date of visit: September 2012