Faunbrook Bed & Breakfast
$67
Hotel Warner(West Chester)
$170
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn & Suites(West Chester)
$72
QualityInn
$118
HIExpress.com
Brinton Hotel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$94
Sentinel Motel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$80
$68
$102
$158
$145
Sheraton.com
$129
All reviewsb bcanopy bedother guestslongwood gardenscommon areasquicheevery morningbridal partywine and beerwrap around porchfarm to tableantique furniturechristmas decorationsbreakfast was deliciousclose to downtownmain floornext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Staying at the Faunbrook was a wonderful experience. Our innkeepers were helpful and always willing to assist. The location was very close to many of the attractions we came to see in the area. We loved the charm of this 1860's home. Our breakfasts were also very tasty and filling. They were a great start to each day! If we travel to this area in the future, we will stay here again!

Room Tip: If a TV in your room is important, check which rooms have one since a few don't.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in early October, visiting our daughter at her boarding school nearby. The B&B itself is gorgeous: the big yard, giving a feeling of being out in the country, the lovingly restored and maintained historic house, and the beautiful, luxuriously-appointed guest rooms. But the icing on the cake (literally) was the extra effort our hosts went to for us. It was our daughter's birthday, and they let us stage a little celebration for her in the dining room that night; we brought the cake and candles, and they supplied plates, napkins, forks, cake server, etc, and cleaned up afterwards. It was her first birthday away from home, and it really helped to be able to celebrate it in a beautiful, home-like setting. Then they got up quite early the next morning, to serve us breakfast before we had to leave for the Parents' Day activities. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mfhoyt
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I regularly work in West Chester, but have a very long commute (~90 minutes one-way). As a result, I try to work from home as often as possible, but I had a series of business meetings this particular week that required my presence in the office for a number of days in a row, so rather than deal with the sequential commutes, I decided to look for a hotel and found Faunbrook.

From the moment I made my reservation to the moment I checked out, I couldn't have been more satisfied. Before I even arrived, the question I had about an earlier breakfast was answered promptly and politely via e-mail within ours after asking.

The evening I arrived, the owner Lori met me at the door and gave me a welcome letter detailing the property. She then gave me a brief tour of the building, which is a charming mansion from the 1800s, very homey, clean, and comfortable. I was surprised to find that there was complimentary red and white wine available to all guests on the winter porch. In addition, a common parlor (with HDTV), library, dining room, and outdoor porch are available to all guests.

I had booked Isabel's room (the rooms are named after the original family's children - five girls and one boy), but Lori kindly informed me that there was an unbooked suite available in which I could stay if I wished. The suite had a fireplace and TV (which Isabel's room lacked), but Isabel's room felt more airy, so I chose to stay there rather than the suite (I tend to be warm all of the time, so a fireplace would have gone unused, and I just use Netflix when I want to watch something).

Isabel's room was lovely - an antique clawfoot shower/tub in the bathroom, original hardwood floors, a canopied bed, lovely furnishings. One thing I will mention (being so warm all of the time) is that (as far as I could tell) the room and perhaps the building lacks air conditioning, which was not a problem for me given the season, the provided fan, and opening the windows in the room.

There is free wireless Internet access throughout the building, and it's top-notch. Speedtest.net said that it was a Verizon FiOS IP address, and my throughput (both download and upload) was 12Mbps, probably limited by my wireless hardware/connection rather than the ISP itself. I've stayed in top-rated business hotels in major cities with worse Internet access.

I can't praise the breakfasts enough. The first morning when I awoke and came down to the dining room, I found a place setting laid out for me with a cup of fresh berries. Moments later the chef entered and told me the morning's breakfast would be Bananas Foster French Toast, sausage, and optional eggs any style. That breakfast was definitely in my top 5 breakfasts ever eaten. The following morning was more seasonal berries, apple cinnamon muffins, a spinach and mushroom quiche (with optional omelettes available for guests disliking the quiche ingredients), and bacon, which was also incredible. Flaky, moist crust, fresh vegetables, crispy but unburnt bacon -- another highlight meal.

My second night, I accidentally spilled a beverage on the comforter on my bed. I immediately called Lori, feeling awful, in case she wanted to collect it before the stain set. She was very understanding and calm about the whole thing, and said it was fine; she offered to have the comforter switched out, but the spill was fairly small and if she was not worried, I did not need any special treatment. She was very understanding and kind.

She also had a wealth of knowledge of the area, recommending some excellent restaurants.

There was absolutely nothing about which I could complain here; every aspect of the inn was excellent and amazing. It was very refreshing to find such an incredible property amidst all of the corporate semi-competence to which I've become accustomed while staying away from home on business. If you are staying in the West Chester area, you could not go wrong with this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in several different b&bs while on our vacation at the beginning of May. This is the place that I keep remembering, though. We stayed in Edith's room which was very pretty and comfortable. The bathroom through the French doors is especially gorgeous - huge, w/ a cool little separate room for the toilet. Tall windows w/ lace curtains framed the view to the fountain and blooming Cherry tree out front. The breakfasts were large and very tasty. The complimentary glasses of wine in the evenings were also appreciated! As it was midweek, and we pretty much had the place to ourselves, I was able to peek into a few of the other guest rooms and they were all very lovely w/ antique furnishings. We had good meals at the brewery (Iron something) and Vudu lounge. The Inn keeps a notebook of menus from the various restaurants in town. We visited Longwood Gardens and absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the house are quieter as the road out front gets a lot of traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Good afternoon Lori & Steve,

I just wanted take a moment and Thank you both for the wonderful weekend we had last week and our 1st B & B experience. You guys were awesome and made my Husband and My experience a wonderful stay last week. Your staff & Bill the Inn Keeper were great. I had know idea of what to aspect and was pleasantly surprised a beautiful Historic home nestled in shade trees and garden. I wish you guys all the best and have a wonderful and prosperous Summer. I hope to see you again soon.

All the Best,

Teresa & Alvin (MD)

Room Tip: Nice space for R & R and right down the road shopping and restaurants and Philly 25 - 30 minutes away. We stayed in The Darlington Room, which was a room in the front large and sunny. What topped it off for us was our last night there and it become a cool outside in the evening and we spent a long nice day in Philly and when we returned that evening we were greeted with a nice warm fire and deem lights that was awesome...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple