Faunbrook Bed & Breakfast
$116
$60
$51
Quality Inn & Suites(West Chester)
$72
QualityInn
Brinton Hotel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$94
Sentinel Motel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$80
$149
Sheraton.com
$129
$139
All reviewscanopy bedother guestslongwood gardenscommon areasquicheevery morningbridal partywine and beerwrap around porchfarm to tableantique furniturechristmas decorationsbreakfast was deliciousclose to downtownmain floornext morningcoffee and tea
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed Christmas and the next night at beautifully decorated Faunbrook B&B for our annual holiday getaway from NYC. Our first night was in the lovely, large Darlington room – dusty lavender walls, gas fireplace, big welcoming bed. We had the equally fine Percy suite the second night with its additional sitting room in which to lounge about with our new purchases from the wondrous three-story Book Barn less than a mile away. Lori, our host, perfect in every way, and breakfasts different and delicious each morning. If all this weren't enough, there's nearby Winterthur, Longwood Gardens, and the sweet downtown of West Chester. It all made for a perfect holiday, but would be equally appealing any time of the year. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BSmiths
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I couldn't have picked a better place, for a last minute overnight stay. After speaking with owner/operator Lori, I was told we were staying in her favorite room, the Percy Suite, and it did not disappoint! Spacious room, gas fireplace, beautiful bathroom, and comfortable bed. The home was decorated beautifully for Christmas, with multiple trees, and when we arrived (late) on Saturday night, after visiting equally Awesome Longwood Gardens, we were greeted by a nice welcome letter, and a bottle of wine.In the morning we were awakened at 7:30 with the aroma of fresh coffee coming up the stairs, and then at 9:00am, Lori fixed up a great breakfast, which included, pumpkin pancakes (my favorite!) scrambled eggs, sausage, and turkey bacon. Then she topped it of with Minosa's! Great B&B, we will be back!

Room Tip: Get the Percy Suite!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I are just back from a lovely weekend at the Faunbrook. The historical mansion was decorated beautifully for Christmas with giant trees in each main gathering room on the first floor. The guest rooms are each unique and lovely. Lori, the owner was delightful, a wonderful cook and a funny and happy hostess. I look forward to returning again!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Lori is a fantastic host. My husband and I stayed for a weekend at Faunbrook. We loved the beautiful house and the amazing service. The location is fantastic being so close to town it is the perfect jumping off point wineries, gardens and more. All the rooms have the charm of a historic B&B but with all the comforts of staying in a modern hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Edith's Room. It is a large room with a HUGE bathroom! The soaking tub is worth the stay the alone!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The dramatic, three-story 1860 manor house is just beautiful, and a great experience for my first stay at a bed and breakfast. It is conveniently located in the Brandywine Valley near attractions like Longwood Gardens and Wintherthur.

The interior centers mainly on deep, rich colors distinctive of Civil-War era decor without being overly dark or Gothic, with Steve and Lori's pride in ownership clearly evident throughout. The bedroom and adjacent bathroom in the Elizabeth Room were clean, comfortable, inviting, and consistent with the home's decor, and I loved having a footed bathtub - it added to the antebellum vibe! The sink and floor tiles were new, probably thanks to a quarter of a million dollar renovation completed by the previous owners. Central air conditioning kept the room's air fresh.

I enjoyed having breakfast with the rest of the guests in the morning in the dining room, which was decorated with fresh bouquets. Lori was sensitive to the dietary requirements of her guests (since I have celiac sprue, she warmed up a gluten-free bagel that I had brought and made sure that no wheat products were on my breakfast plate). I had also enjoyed the delicious coffee and tea earlier in the morning!

There were many comfortable sitting areas indoors and outside on the patio, and if we had had time for a longer stay, I would have enjoyed relaxing longer at the B & B, because its atmosphere was very refreshing and relaxing. We learned from Lori that owning a bed and breakfast has always been her dream. It certainly showed through in the genuine, personalized hospitality that she and Steve showed to their guests, and in the maintained beauty of the house. I hope to return again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family