Faunbrook Bed & Breakfast
Hotel Warner(West Chester)
$170
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn & Suites(West Chester)
$72
Brinton Hotel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$94
Sentinel Motel(West Chester)(Great Value!)
$80
$68
$102
HIExpress.com
$159
$145
Sheraton.com
$129
All reviewsb bcanopy bedother guestslongwood gardenscommon areasquicheevery morningbridal partywine and beerwrap around porchfarm to tableantique furniturechristmas decorationsbreakfast was deliciousclose to downtownmain floornext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I couldn't have picked a better place, for a last minute overnight stay. After speaking with owner/operator Lori, I was told we were staying in her favorite room, the Percy Suite, and it did not disappoint! Spacious room, gas fireplace, beautiful bathroom, and comfortable bed. The home was decorated beautifully for Christmas, with multiple trees, and when we arrived (late) on Saturday night, after visiting equally Awesome Longwood Gardens, we were greeted by a nice welcome letter, and a bottle of wine.In the morning we were awakened at 7:30 with the aroma of fresh coffee coming up the stairs, and then at 9:00am, Lori fixed up a great breakfast, which included, pumpkin pancakes (my favorite!) scrambled eggs, sausage, and turkey bacon. Then she topped it of with Minosa's! Great B&B, we will be back!

Room Tip: Get the Percy Suite!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I are just back from a lovely weekend at the Faunbrook. The historical mansion was decorated beautifully for Christmas with giant trees in each main gathering room on the first floor. The guest rooms are each unique and lovely. Lori, the owner was delightful, a wonderful cook and a funny and happy hostess. I look forward to returning again!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Lori is a fantastic host. My husband and I stayed for a weekend at Faunbrook. We loved the beautiful house and the amazing service. The location is fantastic being so close to town it is the perfect jumping off point wineries, gardens and more. All the rooms have the charm of a historic B&B but with all the comforts of staying in a modern hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in Edith's Room. It is a large room with a HUGE bathroom! The soaking tub is worth the stay the alone!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The dramatic, three-story 1860 manor house is just beautiful, and a great experience for my first stay at a bed and breakfast. It is conveniently located in the Brandywine Valley near attractions like Longwood Gardens and Wintherthur.

The interior centers mainly on deep, rich colors distinctive of Civil-War era decor without being overly dark or Gothic, with Steve and Lori's pride in ownership clearly evident throughout. The bedroom and adjacent bathroom in the Elizabeth Room were clean, comfortable, inviting, and consistent with the home's decor, and I loved having a footed bathtub - it added to the antebellum vibe! The sink and floor tiles were new, probably thanks to a quarter of a million dollar renovation completed by the previous owners. Central air conditioning kept the room's air fresh.

I enjoyed having breakfast with the rest of the guests in the morning in the dining room, which was decorated with fresh bouquets. Lori was sensitive to the dietary requirements of her guests (since I have celiac sprue, she warmed up a gluten-free bagel that I had brought and made sure that no wheat products were on my breakfast plate). I had also enjoyed the delicious coffee and tea earlier in the morning!

There were many comfortable sitting areas indoors and outside on the patio, and if we had had time for a longer stay, I would have enjoyed relaxing longer at the B & B, because its atmosphere was very refreshing and relaxing. We learned from Lori that owning a bed and breakfast has always been her dream. It certainly showed through in the genuine, personalized hospitality that she and Steve showed to their guests, and in the maintained beauty of the house. I hope to return again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I were married at the Faunbrook in October, 2008 and it was just the most perfect, personal, warm atmosphere to celebrate with our friends and family. We originally had booked with the previous innkeeper whom was just a wonderful woman and a big part of our reason for booking, shortly after the inn changed management and we were very pleasantly reassured by the current innkeepers Lori and Steve who helped make our day special and unique.

We then again stayed on our wedding anniversary in 2011 which was a surprise by my husband, whom did not remember the name of the room we had stayed in. There must have been some confusion because all rooms were previously booked under our names so Lori did the best she could from memory. When we arrived my husband was devastated that it was not the same room and although I was still so happy just to be back there, he wanted to make this special as we were expecting our first baby at the time.

He mentioned it to Lori to see if we could switch the rooms, and unfortunately it had been booked for sometime. This did not at all ruin the wonderful memories we were able to share and Lori was such a wonderful hostess she comped the room entirely for the misunderstanding!

The rooms and detail of this location are absolutely beautiful, it is extremely clean and breakfast is always wonderful. We had an amazing breakfast the day after our wedding with our entire family and it was just as memorable during our revisit.

Thanks again Lori and Steve for being such gracious hosts!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful, but if you're wanting something special then go for Edith's Room if it is available! Elizabeth's room is another lovely room both with large soaking tubs!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple